Global Head of Brand ManagementBrand & Marketing | Job ID 1641297
Since its founding in 1995, Audible is a company that has been defined by its entrepreneurial spirit. The company is led by pioneers and inventors who are not afraid to disrupt the status quo, and who apply that innovative approach to everything they do—from revolutionizing an art form to enacting positive change in the cities and countries in which Audible operates. We work backwards from big visions and we value shared honesty—building the deepest comradery and trust and, through it, a more meaningful work experience.
When Audible moved to Newark in 2007, we made it our mission to directly improve the lives of students, entrepreneurs and residents across Newark, as well as encourage employees to live, serve and play in the city. Redressing urban inequality has become a core purpose — it’s enshrined in our company principles — and we launched the Global Center for Urban Development to create innovative initiatives that can become blueprints for companies worldwide.
Audible is a leading creator and provider of original spoken-word entertainment and audiobooks, offering customers a rich destination for insight and inspiration to enhance their daily lives. Audible has reinvented a media category, and is a driving force behind today’s audio entertainment revolution. We work with a wide range of talented creators—actors, novelists, journalists, playwrights, screenwriters, and comedians—who develop to Audible’s intimate listening aesthetic and creating original works that are available only from Audible. We create listening experiences that are enjoyed anytime, anywhere, by people around the world. Audible operates in 10 global marketplaces today and will be expanding into new marketplaces over the next few years. The world of spoken word entertainment has never been more dynamic and we want Audible to the most recognized and respected brand for years to come.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
Audible’s Global Head of Brand Management will be responsible for defining and refining our brand positioning and tasked to grow and solidify Audible’s brand as the premier audio entertainment destination in the world. A brand that is known for elevating voices, provocative content and its overall mission to advance equality and exemplify what a company can mean beyond what it does. You will bring deep knowledge of brand, creative, social and content marketing with a track record of success creating mission driven brands and driving business outcome. You will lead and develop world-class brand campaigns and activations that support our brand and business goals and codify the uniquely Audible way that can scale as we grow. You will collaborate closely with a broad set of internal and external partners to support integrated marketing campaigns that create brand desire among consumers and fuel the love our members have for our brand.
You have a demonstrated track record of leading at scale, managing a staff, and overseeing a budget. You have effectively led through influence and managed multiple stakeholders, ideally within a complex, global media organization. You are equally comfortable “thinking big” and prioritizing strategic initiatives as you are focusing on the day-to-day operational details. With these skills, you will create our global brand strategy while fostering a creative environment that brings our content and product to life. You will be the guardian of our brand globally and working hand in hand with the content team in ensuring effective marketing of our content including Audible Originals.
As Global Head of Brand Management, you will…
· Build and lead the Global Brand Marketing and Creative Services teams, overseeing the brand management and strategy development, and consistent implementation of global brand guidelines, standards and creative execution. Create a brand portfolio that reflects the various maturity of our marketplaces and local cultural nuances.
· Collaborate with leaders cross functionally (Product and Customer Experience, Content, Performance Marketing, Insights, PR, HR and Technology teams) to build and oversee deployment of a global marketing/brand strategy that works across our various marketing initiatives and is relevant to each marketplace. These initiatives include but are not limited to: Product Naming and Architecture, Content Franchises, Social Media Sub-Branding, recruiting, social purpose initiatives.
· Use a mix of data, insights and vision to build a global brand strategy that goes hand in hand with product go-to-market strategies and is reflective of deep understanding of the target customer segments (attitudes and behaviors). Stay closely attuned to key brand metrics and performance against targets.
· Evolve the Audible brand from the audiobook distributor to the premier spoken word entertainment brand that appeals to prospective customers, while always enhancing our members’ love of Audible with everything we do.
· Weave our People Principles into our brand definition and demonstrate how these manifests in front of customers, employees and key stakeholders to be a company that means more than what we do.
· Connect the powerful stories that emerge from our members every single day, to our wider brand narratives and activations, and build Audible’s industry presence across key stakeholder classes.
· Partner with the Global Research team to craft approach to measure brand awareness, brand health and reputation management consistently in all of our marketplaces, and determine measureable ways to connect these metrics to business output.
· Build, scale and inspire a global brand and creatives services organizations (including external partners) that can support global marketing, PR, recruiting, content marketing and social responsibility campaigns at scale, across continents and time zones.
· Bachelor’s Degree.
· Direct experience of working on consumer brands, alongside brand consultancies creative agencies and production firms (experience agencies, audio branding, etc).
· Direct experience of building and leading high-performing global teams.
· Direct experience in brand transformation at a global scale preferred.
· Direct experience of delivering world-class and highly creative campaigns, identity executions and activations.
· Experience with large-scale campaigns, but also community and social-first thinking.
· Excellent communicator and compelling storyteller.
· Experience presenting to and motivating action by senior leaders.
· Proven ability to manage and lead teams toward common goals. Highly collaborative, a great listener, and able to work across geographies with peers and executive teams in matrixed environments to drive action and results.
· Global mindset; experience working across multiple geographies.
· Multi-lingual capabilities a plus.
· Knowledge of, and familiarity with, legal rights and clearances globally.
· Ability to operate at both a strategic and executional level; ideate and directly execute.
· Positive outlook, curious, desire to learn and grow and team player.
· Brings a strong passion for Audible’s brand and products as a leader in the audio spoken word landscape.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading producer and provider of original spoken-word entertainment and audiobooks, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Sign up for Job Alerts
- Internal Communications Partner – Digital Communications Lead Newark, New Jersey Brand & Marketing
- Senior Product Manager, Member Experience Newark, New Jersey Brand & Marketing, Product & User Experience
- Fraud Operations Manager Newark, New Jersey Brand & Marketing, Content & Audible Studios
At Audible, we seek to exemplify what a company can mean beyond what it does. As Newark's fastest-growing private employer, we recruit and cultivate local talent as well as drive forward a wide range of community initiatives with a focus on supporting Newark's renaissance. Our global offices embrace their local communities as well, and our employees around the world volunteer and serve in their communities in addition to seeding and growing the local creative economy.
Plan for every chapter of your career journey with a wide range of generous benefits that you can rely on. We’re fostering an environment where everyone can thrive, individually and as part of the greater Audible community.