Global Finance Operations DirectorFinance & Insight | Job ID 1189771
· Evaluate the front to end finance processes, identify inefficient points and recommend on future state for productivity improvement.
· Partner with key stakeholders (including Amazon teams) in legal entity creation work, while understanding the impact on business and finance/accounting functions.
· Drive to transform the finance function from transactional reporting to strategic advisory.
· Deliver operational efficiency and balance sheet integrity while helping to reduce reporting cycle time.
· Identify and analyze data to isolate issues, develop solutions and prioritize opportunities for servicing Finance; Perform data gathering, root cause analysis and performance trending in order to identify appropriate changes to processes and controls as pertains to financial data retrieval, financial reporting, book-keeping and compliance to local financial regulations.
· Provide direction to the team to execute and ensure mechanisms are implemented to track progress.
· Build complex financial models and help finance leadership understand the P&L implications of standardization of revenue and expenses policies and methodologies in a digital subscription service across global markets.
· Provide and support the implementation of business solutions by building relationships with key stakeholders, identifying business needs, monitoring progress and results, and capitalizing on improvement opportunities.
· Be a visible and vocal role model across the wider business for Audible’s customer-centric culture, championing Finance’s needs and using data and technology to anticipate and exceed them.
· Develop, update and maintain documentation on process improvements and process performance.
· 8+ years of experience in process improvement, optimizing operations, standardizing and automation.
· Proven ability to meet deadlines, prioritize quickly, organize team dynamics and deliver results with a strong track record of managing deliverables from multiple parties to meet challenging deadlines.
· Ability to work independently and be self-motivated in a fast-paced, often ambiguous and rapidly changing environment.
· Excellent business judgment, analytical, and decision making skills to evaluate complex processes and financial scenarios.
· Demonstrated ability to advise and influence the decisions using fact and data.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to present to senior leadership.
· Demonstrated successful track record of team leadership within a large scale, rapid and process driven environment, while managing multiple projects and priorities.
· Excellent Financial modeling and data analytics skills, including Excel, Tableau, Access, SQL Server, and other analysis tools.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As the world's leading producer and provider of audio storytelling and spoken-word entertainment, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
At Audible, we seek to exemplify what a company can mean beyond what it does. As Newark's fastest-growing private employer, we recruit and cultivate local talent as well as drive forward a wide range of community initiatives with a focus on supporting Newark's renaissance. Our global offices embrace their local communities as well, and our employees around the world volunteer and serve in their communities in addition to seeding and growing the local creative economy.
Plan for every chapter of your career journey with a wide range of generous benefits that you can rely on. We’re fostering an environment where everyone can thrive, individually and as part of the greater Audible community.