Finance Business Partner
Newark, New Jersey
Job ID: 886607
This role will offer the candidate a unique opportunity to gain wide exposure to Audible’s operations in several diverse areas. The Director will act as both a supportive and challenging partner to the business, providing financial insight into the implications of decisions and assumptions. This is a hands-on, individual contributor role, reporting to the VP of International and Expansion Finance.
· Serve as a solid business partner to the business teams.
· Help drive financial planning with business leads to support business growth.
· Develop detailed revenue planning, analysis and forecasting.
· Deliver analytics projects and create business models driving key insights for making business decisions.
· Be the subject matter expert on the assigned business units performance analytics, as well as customer engagement dynamics; understand and analyze related market & channel trends.
· Provide thought leadership behind improving and automating existing data models and business intelligence efforts supporting marketing.
· Develops and maintains relationships with key department personnel.
· Able to discuss and present the financial forecast to an audience of senior executives.
· Will use deep professional knowledge and acumen to advise senior leadership on decisions, this person will spend a significant amount of time with the leadership team in an early stage business.
· Exercise considerable creativity, foresight and judgement in conceiving, planning and delivering initiatives.
· Problems may be unclearly defined and sufficient information may not be available or where data appears to conflict; must have ability to navigate through ambiguous situations and use creativity and problem solving to steer decision making.
· Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting (MBA preferred).
· 6 to 10 years of professional experience in a financial planning / strategic advisory / operations analysis position.
· Strong leader who can partner with business leads to influence decisions on the business.
· Demonstrated excellence in financial analysis and financial model building.
· Proven ability to build relationships and communicate with peers, subordinates, executive management and other critical stakeholders.
· Strong quantitative, analytical, problem solving, organizational, communication and interpersonal skills are required.
· Solid self-motivator who is results oriented without losing sight of the big picture.
· Excellent time management and organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and deliver under shifting deadlines in a fast paced environment.
· Ability to think proactively, operate with a sense of urgency, remain calm under pressure and identify critical issues with ease.
Preferred Qualifications· Experience with COGNOS TM1.
Audible is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Audible, Inc. is the world’s largest seller and producer of spoken audio entertainment, information and educational programming. Since inventing and commercializing the first portable digital audio player in 1997, our focus on technological innovation and superior programming has earned us millions of subscribers around the world. We’re an Amazon subsidiary with a presence on four different continents, yet we maintain a startup vibe and small company feel. We offer more than 475,000 downloadable audiobooks, audio editions of periodicals, and other programs, and an escalating array of listening products that enrich daily life for a growing population of people who want to be more productive, well-informed, and thoughtfully entertained.