Executive Producer, Audible Studios OriginalsContent & Audible Studios | Job ID 1017121
This job will be based out of Audible’s Newark, New Jersey headquarters.
We’re looking for the right combination of distinctive editorial judgment, high emotional intelligence, excellent organizational and time management skills, and experience running a multi-faceted enterprise. The Executive Producer will have a love for great audio and storytelling, want to push boundaries and discover new things, as well as possess a deep understanding of why great audio programs work and how to foster greatness in their projects.
· Working with the Audible Studios Originals leadership, the Executive Producer is the product owner for a portfolio of audio programs, with a keen eye to assuring all projects meet the highest editorial and production standards, and will oversee the development of appropriate budgets and production calendars and regular progress check-ins.
· Production partnerships will include overseeing Third Party production houses that create episodic non-fiction documentaries, interview programs, and other serialized content such as long-form feature news programming.
· Partners with the Original Content team to develop original pitches, including theme selection, defining program elements, and selection/booking of contributors and guests.
· Partners with the Content and Acquisition team members to advise on optimum audio/editorial production structure at the deal-drafting stage and as it moves through production to sale.
· Assists in helping coordinate international episodic content-gathering and coordination with US programming efforts.
· Reviews content, quality and production of program segments to ensure consistency with standards and practices of Audible Studios.
· Collaborates with Finance for Original Projects on budget development and oversight from pitch to production phase, making changes as necessary to meet financial goals.
· Guides editors, producers and engineers in the best story development practices as well as sound design concepts and encourages innovation in production technique, as well as soundscape invention and execution where appropriate.
· Cultivate relationships with prospective talent and partners and guides them in project development.
· Leverage data/analytics/user testing to inform decisions.
· Coordinates aspects of post-production program procedures with Audible Studios.
· Have a seat at the table to guide Audible’s investments in new projects, stories, ideas, and voices.
· Other duties as assigned.
Audible, Inc. is the world’s largest seller and producer of spoken audio entertainment, information and educational programming. Since inventing and commercializing the first portable digital audio player in 1997, our focus on technological innovation and superior programming has earned us millions of subscribers around the world. We’re an Amazon subsidiary with a presence on four different continents, yet we maintain a startup vibe and small company feel. We offer more than 475,000 downloadable audiobooks, audio editions of periodicals, and other programs, and an escalating array of listening products that enrich daily life for a growing population of people who want to be more productive, well-informed, and thoughtfully entertained.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Sign up for Job Alerts
- Sound Designer Newark, New Jersey Content & Audible Studios ABOUT THE ROLE The sound designer position is a full-time in-house role with Audible Studios. The successful sound desig
At Audible, we seek to exemplify what a company can mean beyond what it does. As Newark's fastest-growing private employer, we recruit and cultivate local talent as well as drive forward a wide range of community initiatives with a focus on supporting Newark's renaissance. Our global offices embrace their local communities as well, and our employees around the world volunteer and serve in their communities in addition to seeding and growing the local creative economy.
Plan for every chapter of your career journey with a wide range of generous benefits that you can rely on. We’re fostering an environment where everyone can thrive, individually and as part of the greater Audible community.