Executive EditorContent & Audible Studios | Job ID 1433097
Audible has reinvented a media category, and is the driving force behind today’s audio entertainment revolution.
We work with a wide range of talented creators—actors, novelists, journalists, playwrights, screenwriters, and comedians—who develop to Audible’s intimate listening aesthetic and creating original works that are available only from Audible. We create listening experiences that are enjoyed anytime, anywhere, by people around the world.
As the company continues to revolutionize audio entertainment, Audible is seeking to hire an executive editor for our Originals development team. This role will go to the candidate who can best help us differentiate and elevate our Originals program with podcasts, fiction and nonfiction; scripted and non-scripted; short- and long-form, that go beyond the current boundaries of audio content, and attract existing and new listeners to this thrilling, and ever-changing form of creative expression.
This role can be based in our Newark, NJ or Los Angeles, CA office.
· Drive the growth, and elevate the quality of Audible original content specifically written for the audio format.
· Be a key part of a team of talented, experienced editors that develop and oversee production of projects, and recruit and work with writers, artists and creators from across the profession to create differentiated and top-quality audio programming in all genres and formats.
· Use high business and creative judgment to make consistently good content investment and editorial decisions on the behalf of the customer and the business.
· Coordinate effectively among cross-functional teams, particularly Audible Studios, our internal audio production team.
· Comfort with chasing opportunities and solving problems with commercial functions.
· A data-informed approach to decision making, where data influences but does not determine decisions.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, down, sideways, and up.
· Experience or interest in digital media and publishing.
· Strong aptitude in using Excel to model and analyze deals.
· Significant experience acquiring and editing both short-form and long form content; a demonstrated passion and interest in both long and short-form content, and a desire to stretch beyond existing formats and approaches to surprise and delight our listeners.
· Demonstrated experience and success as a creative juggernaut who is excited about blazing a new trail as Audible continues its mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
· Possess a record of being a visionary with a focus on customer obsession. You delight in disrupting the status quo, and you retain the hunger to create that led you into this profession.
· Ability to lead in a high-energy, high-intensity and rapidly evolving environment under aggressive deadlines and demonstrated success driving results from cross-functional team.
· Comfort using data analytics to drive business strategy.
· A passion for narrative storytelling and well-wrought prose, and an equivalent passion for translating writing into powerful spoken words.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading producer and provider of original spoken-word entertainment and audiobooks, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Sign up for Job Alerts
At Audible, we seek to exemplify what a company can mean beyond what it does. As Newark's fastest-growing private employer, we recruit and cultivate local talent as well as drive forward a wide range of community initiatives with a focus on supporting Newark's renaissance. Our global offices embrace their local communities as well, and our employees around the world volunteer and serve in their communities in addition to seeding and growing the local creative economy.
Plan for every chapter of your career journey with a wide range of generous benefits that you can rely on. We’re fostering an environment where everyone can thrive, individually and as part of the greater Audible community.