Newark, New Jersey
Job ID: 817670
· Drive the growth and elevate the quality of Audible original content that is specifically written for the audio format.
· Be a key part of a team of high-powered editors that will develop projects, and recruit and work with writers from across the profession to create remarkable Audible books, programs, and series.
· Use high business and creative judgment to make consistently good content investment decisions on the behalf of the customer and the business.
· Coordinate effectively among cross-functional teams, particularly Audible’s audio.
· Significant experience acquiring and editing long form and book-length content.
· Demonstrated experience and success as a creative juggernaut who is excited about blazing a new trail as Audible continues its mission – to unleash the power of the spoken word.
· Possess a record of being a visionary with a focus on customer obsession. You delight in disrupting the status quo.
· Ability to lead in a high-energy, high-intensity and rapidly evolving environment under aggressive deadlines and demonstrated success driving results from cross-functional team.
· Comfort using data analytics to drive business strategy.
· A passion for the narrative design and well-wrought prose and an equivalent passion for translating writing into powerful spoken words.
Basic Qualifications· Multiple years of editorial, writing/reporting and management experience.
· Comfort with chasing opportunities and solving problems with commercial functions.
· A data-informed approach to decision making, where data influences but does not determine.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, down, sideways, and up.
· Experience in visual editing, understanding how different forms of storytelling work together in digital mediums.
· Conceptual creative abilities.
· Experience or interest in digital media and publishing.
· Strong aptitude in using Excel to model and analyze deals.
Preferred QualificationsAudible is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Audible, Inc. is the world’s largest seller and producer of spoken audio entertainment, information and educational programming. Since inventing and commercializing the first portable digital audio player in 1997, our focus on technological innovation and superior programming has earned us millions of subscribers around the world. We’re an Amazon subsidiary with a presence on four different continents, yet we maintain a startup vibe and small company feel. We offer more than 475,000 downloadable audiobooks, audio editions of periodicals, and other programs, and an escalating array of listening products that enrich daily life for a growing population of people who want to be more productive, well-informed, and thoughtfully entertained.