Director, Strategic InitiativesFinance & Insight | Job ID 1116037
· A digital media maven and rare combination of “thinker” and “do’er” paired with a strong aptitude for understanding of content strategy.
· An entrepreneur capable of building and executing independently or as part of working teams; must be able to identify and act upon an opportunity or problem without explicit instruction.
· A data-driven strategist who will readily abandon closely held-ideas in favor of stronger evidence — constantly iterating to make our content better.
· An exceptional communicator with a knack for making complex topics simple and evangelizing and inspiring people at all levels of the organization based on a shared vision.
· A creative thinker who has an exceptional ability to balance creativity with strong business judgment and analytical skills.
· A transformer who is passionate about figuring out what the future looks like, with a relentless focus on creating and improving customer value.
· A hands-on multitasker who can quickly change focus and balance the needs of the moment with longer-term goals with a high tolerance for ambiguity and complexity.
· Resilient with positive attitude – even the stiffest challenges are possible with the right amount of creativity, good judgment, and hard work. Exhibit strong integrity and ability to follow through on commitments and deadlines.
· Strategic thought advisor for senior content leadership; partner with content leadership to identify, assess, plan, and drive broader content and cross-functional projects.
· Developing and implementing our need-to-have content strategy through constant iteration, data analysis, and constant communication with clients, prospects, as well as teammates throughout the organization.
· Identify and plan new partnership structures and strategies with existing and new content providers and creators.
· Assume projects and assignments as a “special forces operator” where Audible does not have the requisite skill set on staff.
· Working closely with senior stakeholders throughout the organization to get buy-in and breakdown silos.
· Prior hands-on experience and a tenured leadership foundation in the areas of planning and process, product and/or financial planning and strategy execution.
· Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to work seamlessly with a variety of personalities and functional disciplines. Ability to build relationships with cross-functional colleagues.
· Proven ability to track, prioritize, and drive multiple concurrent projects to success.
· Experience and comfort around using quantitative data and metrics to communicate ideas.
· Exceptional communication skills (both written and verbal); can succinctly and clearly communicate, and are ability to produce documents and presentations that are ready for leadership review.
· Self-starter attitude and ability to rapidly build rapport and trust with across business functions.
· Deep understanding of and interest in digital media content.
· Bachelor's degree in Economics, Finance, Business, Math or related fields.
· Digital media content royalties and analytics experience.
· Digital content deal and contract experience.
· Superior writing skills to communicate complex ideas simply and advocate for recommended decisions.
Audible, Inc. is the world’s largest seller and producer of spoken audio entertainment, information and educational programming. Since inventing and commercializing the first portable digital audio player in 1997, our focus on technological innovation and superior programming has earned us millions of subscribers around the world. We’re an Amazon subsidiary with a presence on four different continents, yet we maintain a startup vibe and small company feel. We offer more than 475,000 downloadable audiobooks, audio editions of periodicals, and other programs, and an escalating array of listening products that enrich daily life for a growing population of people who want to be more productive, well-informed, and thoughtfully entertained.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Sign up for Job Alerts
- VP, Business Development Newark, New Jersey Finance & Insight KEY RESPONSIBILITIES · Lead partnership deals from inception to close, including developing and implementing high-impact
- Content Analytics Manager Newark, New Jersey Finance & Insight As a Manager of Content Intelligence within Audible’s Global Insights and Data Science group, you will be responsible fo
- Manager FP&A Content Newark, New Jersey Finance & Insight The Finance Manager, Global Content, will support the Director of Content Finance in providing financial and operating d
Plan for every chapter of your career journey with a wide range of generous benefits that you can rely on. We’re fostering an environment where everyone can thrive, individually and as part of the greater Audible community.