Director, Strategic InitiativesFinance & Insight | Job ID 1012990
· Rare combination of “thinker” and “do’er” with a strong aptitude for understanding strategic goals of tech and media organizations and building and executing the tactics to accomplish them.
· Exceptional ability to balance creative thinking with strong business judgment and analytical skills.
· Strong work ethic and ability to identify and solve complex problems.
· Strong written and verbal communicator; you can explain complex concepts and issues clearly and efficiently.
· Ability to work with others or independently to navigate ambiguous situations; you can identify and act upon an opportunity or problem without explicit instructions.
· You lead by example and do not delegate what you would not do yourself; you are not afraid to roll up your sleeves up and finish a project without help when needed.
· Resilient and positive attitude – even the stiffest challenges are possible with the right amount of creativity, good judgment, and hard work.
· Exhibit strong integrity and ability to follow through on commitments and deadlines.
· Advise on addressing strategic opportunities and threats through product expansion, partnerships, and acquisitions and divestitures in the spoken word audio and broader digital sector.
· Build relationships and partner with third parties and internal teams across Audible and Amazon, leading, inspiring, and driving others to think creatively and proactively to further Audible’s business and community goals.
· Determine whether Audible should invest in these opportunities by build new capabilities to support them.
· Identify, build, and draw upon a fluid pool of experts, both internally and externally, to structure strategic deals.
· Assume ownership and thought leadership on key strategic areas within Audible, including new products, geographies, and content types.
· Partner with Newark Venture Partners to identify potential co-investment and other strategic transaction opportunities.
· Analytics background and proven track record of corporate transactions and partnerships experience.
· Excellent business judgment, exceptional communication skills (both written and verbal), and a track record of proven success in multiple disciplines.
· Strong, clear communication skills – both written and oral; can succinctly and clearly communicate, and are ability to produce documents and presentations that are ready for management review.
· Self-starter attitude and ability to rapidly build rapport and trust with across business functions.
· Deep understanding of and interest in consumer technology.
· Bachelor's degree in Economics, Finance, or Business or related fields.
· Transaction experience (M&A, JVs, partnerships, etc.)
· MBA preferred
Audible, Inc. is the world’s largest seller and producer of spoken audio entertainment, information and educational programming. Since inventing and commercializing the first portable digital audio player in 1997, our focus on technological innovation and superior programming has earned us millions of subscribers around the world. We’re an Amazon subsidiary with a presence on four different continents, yet we maintain a startup vibe and small company feel. We offer more than 475,000 downloadable audiobooks, audio editions of periodicals, and other programs, and an escalating array of listening products that enrich daily life for a growing population of people who want to be more productive, well-informed, and thoughtfully entertained.
Audible is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Sign up for Job Alerts
- Competitive Intelligence Analyst Newark, New Jersey Finance & Insight Audible - an Amazon company and perpetual innovator – is looking for a data-driven, detail-oriented Competitive Business
- Content Analytics Senior Manager Newark, New Jersey Finance & Insight The Audible Global Insights and Data Science group seeks a Sr. Manager of Content Analytics with strong quantitative, mo
- Director, Product Analytics Newark, New Jersey Finance & Insight As a Director of Product Analytics within Audible’s Global Insights and Data Science group, you will be responsible for
At Audible, we seek to exemplify what a company can mean beyond what it does. As Newark's fastest-growing private employer, we recruit and cultivate local talent as well as drive forward a wide range of community initiatives with a focus on supporting Newark's renaissance. Our global offices embrace their local communities as well, and our employees around the world volunteer and serve in their communities in addition to seeding and growing the local creative economy.
Plan for every chapter of your career journey with a wide range of generous benefits that you can rely on. We’re fostering an environment where everyone can thrive, individually and as part of the greater Audible community.