Director, Software DevelopmentTechnology | Job ID 1884465
Good storytelling starts with great listening. At Audible, that means each role and every project has our audience in mind. Because the same people who design, develop, and deploy our products also happen to use them. To us, that speaks volumes.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
The role will focus on building systems to enable Audible team to make fast, accurate, and impactful data-driven decisions. We are looking for a candidate with a passion for data, analytics, insights and technology who is eager to have a broad impact across Audible. If you are an experienced Software Development Manager with a creative edge, problem-solving skills and a strong foundation in data technologies we want to talk with you.
The position requires a seasoned manager with experience architecting, developing and supporting data technology platforms such as Enterprise BI Systems, Data Warehouses and Data Lakes. The ideal candidate should exhibit leadership qualities including excellent judgment and high standards. In addition, the candidate must have the ability to dive deep and remain in touch with business details, drive innovation in the teams, invoke passion in others, think big, and deliver results.
ABOUT THE TEAM
This opportunity is within Audible’s Data Engineering group. The Data Engineering group owns technology platforms and datasets that enable systems and people to uncover new insights and fine-tune operations to meet business goals. We need your help designing and building these.
As a Director of Software Development, you will...
· Manage all aspects of technology platform development such as planning, communication, and execution.
· Partner with cross-functional teams to imagine, design, develop, test, and launch data technology platforms.
· Hire and develop the best talent, mentor engineers and help them achieve their career goals.
· Experience partnering with product OR program management teams
· 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
· 3+ years of experience architecting and designing (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
· Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance or related technical field.
· 7+ years of experience with data ecosystems including Data Engineering, Enterprise BI Platforms (e.g. MicroStrategy, OBIEE) and Data Visualization platforms (e.g. Tableau, Quicksight).
· Strong verbal and communication skills.
· Strong analytical skills and an out of the box thinker.
· Be able to disagree, yet align, when dealing with different stakeholders.
· Results oriented and with a strong customer focus.
· Highly autonomous. Delivers with little guidance.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading creator and provider of premium audio storytelling, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
What we can offer you
We are a community of brilliant minds, brimming with fresh ideas and working shoulder to shoulder to achieve greatness. And because of this, we think it’s only fair that we offer some nice little perks to everyone who goes the extra mile at Audible.
We promote flexibility in how and where we work with our Hub+Home hybrid workplace model.
Dental and vision plans, life insurance, and the medical plan options that suit individual needs.
Plan for your future with employer-matched savings accounts.
We grant our employees restricted stock units, because we want them to think and act like owners.
We love what we do but everyone needs the opportunity to hit the refresh button. Take advantage of vacation days, sick days, and personal days to rejuvenate.
From tickets to local events and exciting company-sponsored events, regular outings and team-building events foster our spirit of collaboration.
As part of the Amazon family, Audible employees are entitled to a discount on products on Amazon.
Learning & Development
We want to help you grow with learning and development programs, leadership training and tuition reimbursement.
What keeps me motivated here in one word is 'opportunities.' Being able to deep-dive into complex cross-domain problems and stepping out of my comfort zone with projects, technologies and people. I can spontaneously collaborate with literally anyone—from my Audible teammates to my Amazon counterparts to our CIO and CEO—and most importantly get valuable feedback along the way.
Software Development Engineer