Director, Product MarketingBrand & Marketing | Job ID 1516495
ABOUT THIS ROLE
The Audible Product Marketing organization shapes the future of Audible’s consumer subscription products by building audience, positioning, and pricing strategies that fuel growth and innovation. We set visionary long-term strategies and guide implementation of highly targeted, data-driven solutions. Our team partners closely with product management and marketing, and together we own the strategy to drive demand for new product features and integrations by uncovering data-driven insights, by influencing the product strategy, and by developing go-to-market plans to launch new products and crafting messaging that fuels adoption.
As the Director of Product Marketing, you'll develop a deep understanding of our customer needs and our product portfolio, working across functions to lead coordinated, successful launches that drive user adoption and engagement, setting and measuring success metrics, and championing initiatives across the organization. You'll need a combination of strategic thinking and operational excellence, a passion for results, and an attitude that anything is possible. It's a job where you'll thrive in a highly entrepreneurial, fast-changing, and collaborative environment where people are driven, enthusiastic, collaborative and not afraid to take risks. At Audible, you'll build a career that helps make experiences, knowledge and perspectives accessible to millions of people across the globe.
As a Director of Product Marketing, you will...
· Develop business and marketing strategies that lay out clear, compelling conversion theses and differentiated positioning against evolving audience needs.
· Craft a robust learning agenda for portfolio insights in partnership with research and analytics teams keeping the business on the leading edge for emerging trends impacting our portfolio.
· Write and present clear business cases that bring together customer insights, research, financial data and analytics to assess potential for new to market initiatives.
· Champion the customer needs and product purpose across the organization to gain buy-in and ensure cohesive, seamless execution across all functions.
· Work closely with product management and UX to establish key product requirements based on customer and market feedback and ensure end-to-end customer experiences are compelling, intuitive, and highly personalized.
· Collaborate with product management and technology to develop innovation framework to enable the ability to quickly pilot and iterate new capabilities.
· Own go-to-market strategy and oversee launch execution for new products, features, and benefits that drive impact.
· Translate customer needs into clear value props, messaging, and marketing claims, from top-of-funnel awareness messages to key points along the customer journey.
· Partner with Communications team to craft our external story and press strategy and with marketing to execute cohesive campaigns that drive customer demand and engagement.
· Partner with Finance, Analytics and Data Science to define and measure success and forecast business impact.
· Demonstrated understanding of messaging strategy, user experience and persuasive marketing techniques in driving engagement with new or existing features or benefits.
· A demonstrated record of partnering with teams cross the organization and influencing to achieve business results across multiple teams who may have different goals.
· Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Marketing or a related field of study.
· Experience managing direct reports.
· Thought leader with demonstrated ability to drive positive change in an organization.
· Highly data-driven and well-versed in insights of all forms, with the ability to evaluate the “why” of problems before jumping to the “what” or “how”.
· Thrives on collaborative work; attacks big problems with big ideas and without ego.
· Strong analytics and business case development skills.
· Fantastic oral and written communication skills.
· Self-motivated, nimble and highly results-driven in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment.
· Able to embrace ambiguity and adapt to change as needed.
· Experience in membership-based business models.
· Experience in content and/or media companies.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading producer and provider of original spoken-word entertainment and audiobooks, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Sign up for Job Alerts
At Audible, we seek to exemplify what a company can mean beyond what it does. As Newark's fastest-growing private employer, we recruit and cultivate local talent as well as drive forward a wide range of community initiatives with a focus on supporting Newark's renaissance. Our global offices embrace their local communities as well, and our employees around the world volunteer and serve in their communities in addition to seeding and growing the local creative economy.
Plan for every chapter of your career journey with a wide range of generous benefits that you can rely on. We’re fostering an environment where everyone can thrive, individually and as part of the greater Audible community.