Director, Product MarketingBrand & Marketing | Job ID 1185296
The role requires a passion for results, a commitment to action-oriented analysis, and an attitude that anything is possible. The right candidate will thrive in a highly entrepreneurial, fast-changing, and collaborative environment where people are driven, enthusiastic, collaborative and not afraid to take risks. Your mission (and ours) is unique and powerful: fill hearts, minds, and souls with premium audio content that entertains, informs, and enriches.
· Define and continuously refine audience strategy and segmentation for Audible’s core subscription businesses, deeply understanding evolving customer needs and championing those needs throughout the organization.
· Oversee the research roadmap to assess market sizing and opportunities, unmet audience needs, product/solution validity, pricing and offer packaging, etc.
· Conduct competitive analysis and analyze content trends.
· Drive our position in an increasingly exciting market by creating clear value props, messaging, and marketing claims.
· Develop and socialize flexible pricing strategies that optimize demand and profitability.
· Write and present clear business cases that bring together customer insights, research, financial data and analytics to assess potential for new to market initiatives.
· Communicate business plans and strategy to senior leadership.
· Partner with Marketing teams to operationalize segmentation strategies and to guide cohesive messaging strategy across all outbound and inbound marketing channels.
· Partner with Communications team to craft our external story and press strategy around product evolution.
· Partner with Finance, Analytics and Data Science to define and measure success.
· Take on other responsibilities as needed against the swiftly changing needs of our customers and business.
· Demonstrated experience in driving audience and segmentation strategies for new and existing products.
· Strong brand sensibilities; understands how to create unique positioning across a portfolio of products to drive a holistic vision.
· Thrives on insights in all forms and has the ability to evaluate the “why” of problems before jumping to the “what” or “how”.
· A demonstrated record of partnering with teams cross the organization and influencing to achieve business results across multiple teams who may have different goals.
· Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Marketing or a related field of study required.
· Strong analytics and business case development skills.
· Thrives on collaborative work; attacks big problems with big ideas and without ego.
· Fantastic oral and written communication skills, with the ability to get buy-in on big ideas.
· Self-motivated, nimble and highly results-driven in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment.
· Able to embrace ambiguity and adapt to change as needed
· Strong people motivator.
· Experience in membership-based business models.
· Experience in content and/or media companies.
· Huge fan of audio content in all forms (podcasts, audiobooks, radio, etc.).
Audible, Inc. is the world’s largest seller and producer of spoken audio entertainment, information and educational programming. Since inventing and commercializing the first portable digital audio player in 1997, our focus on technological innovation and superior programming has earned us millions of subscribers around the world. We’re an Amazon subsidiary with a presence on four different continents, yet we maintain a startup vibe and small company feel. We offer more than 475,000 downloadable audiobooks, audio editions of periodicals, and other programs, and an escalating array of listening products that enrich daily life for a growing population of people who want to be more productive, well-informed, and thoughtfully entertained.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
At Audible, we seek to exemplify what a company can mean beyond what it does. As Newark's fastest-growing private employer, we recruit and cultivate local talent as well as drive forward a wide range of community initiatives with a focus on supporting Newark's renaissance. Our global offices embrace their local communities as well, and our employees around the world volunteer and serve in their communities in addition to seeding and growing the local creative economy.
Plan for every chapter of your career journey with a wide range of generous benefits that you can rely on. We’re fostering an environment where everyone can thrive, individually and as part of the greater Audible community.