Director, Product MarketingBrand & Marketing | Job ID 1185101
This role requires a combination of strategic thinking and operational excellence, a passion for results, and an attitude that anything is possible. The right candidate will thrive in a highly entrepreneurial, fast-changing, and collaborative environment where people are driven, enthusiastic, collaborative and not afraid to take risks. Your mission (and ours) is unique and powerful: fill hearts, minds, and souls with premium audio content that entertains, informs, and enriches.
· Own go-to-market strategy and oversee launch execution for new products, features, and benefits tied to Audible’s consumer subscription services.
· Develop business and marketing strategies that lay out clear, compelling conversion theses and differentiated positioning against evolving audience needs.
· Work closely with product management to establish key product requirements based on customer and market feedback.
· Translate customer needs into positioning and messaging strategies for products and services, from top-of-funnel awareness messages to key points along the customer journey.
· Develop and validate the creative and messaging toolkits; work with Marketing to execute cohesive campaigns that drive customer demand and usage.
· Oversee end-to-end customer experiences that are compelling, intuitive, and highly personalized.
· Champion the customer needs and product purpose across the organization to gain buy-in and ensure cohesive, seamless execution across all functions.
· Anticipate customer needs and risks and prepare proactive mitigation strategies.
· Partner with Communications team to craft our external story and press strategy.
· Partner with Finance, Analytics and Data Science to define and measure success and forecast business impact.
· Establish go-to-market best practices within the organization; create and socialize frameworks that drive efficiency, confidence, and cohesion of implementation.
· Take on other responsibilities as needed against the swiftly changing needs of our customers and business.
· Demonstrated experience in driving successful go-to-market strategies for new and existing products.
· Highly organized and incredibly skilled at connecting dots, from strategy through to execution.
· Highly data-driven and well-versed in insights of all forms, with the ability to evaluate the “why” of problems before jumping to the “what” or “how”.
· A general people person who excels at championing ideas to get buy-in (amongst executive stakeholders) and/or generate excitement (amongst all stakeholders).
· Demonstrated aptitude for solving unforeseen problems creatively and with urgency.
· Strong analytics and business case development skills.
· Thrives on collaborative work; attacks big problems with big ideas and without ego.
· Fantastic oral and written communication skills.
· Self-motivated, nimble and highly results-driven in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment.
· Able to embrace ambiguity and adapt to change as needed.
· Strong people leader.
· Experience in content and/or media companies.
· Huge fan of audio content in all forms (podcasts, audiobooks, radio, etc.).
Audible, Inc. is the world’s largest seller and producer of spoken audio entertainment, information and educational programming. Since inventing and commercializing the first portable digital audio player in 1997, our focus on technological innovation and superior programming has earned us millions of subscribers around the world. We’re an Amazon subsidiary with a presence on four different continents, yet we maintain a startup vibe and small company feel. We offer more than 475,000 downloadable audiobooks, audio editions of periodicals, and other programs, and an escalating array of listening products that enrich daily life for a growing population of people who want to be more productive, well-informed, and thoughtfully entertained.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Plan for every chapter of your career journey with a wide range of generous benefits that you can rely on. We’re fostering an environment where everyone can thrive, individually and as part of the greater Audible community.