Director, Product Management - Customer Acquisition (membership acquisition strategies)Product & Technology | Job ID 1167060
The successful candidate will be a detail-oriented problem solver and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills. You’re a natural collaborator and respected product leader who is equally comfortable talking tech with developers, user experience with designers, positioning with product marketers, metrics with business intelligence, and strategy with executive leadership. You’re naturally curious, taking an analytical approach to problem solving, and demonstrating a passion for driving business growth through customer-focused innovation. Strong candidates will thrive when moving a project from ambiguity to clarity and are comfortable leading change.
· Develop product vision, articulate strategies, and write clear business requirements to drive Audible’s new member acquisition experiences.
· Establish a trusting relationship with cross functional teams, working to gather and clearly articulate requirements, imagine new product experiences on behalf of our listeners.
· Proactively, anticipate, identify, and resolve challenges that may impair the organization’s ability to meet its strategic, financial, and technical goals.
· Regularly review metrics and proactively seek out new and improved data/mechanisms for visibility, ensuring your roadmap stays aligned with organization objectives.
· Serve as a subject matter expert for your area of the product, sharing your knowledge with others and using it to drive decisions.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
· A track record of simultaneously partnering with multiple teams across the organization driving mindful discussions that lead to consensus, crisp decisions, and business results.
· Define and track metrics for success. Ability to use quantitative and qualitative data to back up assumptions and drive decisions.
· A strong depth of knowledge and experience with acquisition product experiences and ability to leverage A/B testing effectively.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· BA/BS required, MBA Preferred.
· Appreciation and acceptance for all cultures, backgrounds, and diverse points of view.
Audible, Inc. is the world’s largest seller and producer of spoken audio entertainment, information and educational programming. Since inventing and commercializing the first portable digital audio player in 1997, our focus on technological innovation and superior programming has earned us millions of subscribers around the world. We’re an Amazon subsidiary with a presence on four different continents, yet we maintain a startup vibe and small company feel. We offer more than 475,000 downloadable audiobooks, audio editions of periodicals, and other programs, and an escalating array of listening products that enrich daily life for a growing population of people who want to be more productive, well-informed, and thoughtfully entertained.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
What we can offer you
We are a community of brilliant minds, brimming with fresh ideas and working shoulder to shoulder to achieve greatness. And because of this, we think it’s only fair that we offer some nice little perks to everyone who goes the extra mile at Audible.
Fully stocked kitchen with all the snacks and drinks to get your creative thoughts flowing.
Dental and vision plans, life insurance, and the medical plan options that suit individual needs.
Plan for your future with employer-matched savings accounts.
We grant our employees restricted stock units, because we want them to think and act like owners.
We love what we do but everyone needs the opportunity to hit the refresh button. Take advantage of vacation days, sick days, and personal days to rejuvenate.
From tickets to local events and exciting company-sponsored events, regular outings and team-building events foster our spirit of collaboration.
As part of the Amazon family, Audible employees are entitled to a discount on products on Amazon.
Discounted sports clubs or fitness reimbursements.
What keeps me motivated here in one word is 'opportunities.' Being able to deep-dive into complex cross-domain problems and stepping out of my comfort zone with projects, technologies and people. I can spontaneously collaborate with literally anyone—from my Audible teammates to my Amazon counterparts to our CIO and CEO—and most importantly get valuable feedback along the way.
Software Development Engineer