Director, Product AnalyticsFinance & Insight | Job ID 1016558
You will be working with a wide range of functions – from engineering and data science to marketing and content – and will serve as a subject matter expert, trusted technical/analytical advisor across a wide range of issues to our stakeholders.
The successful individual will be able to lead a team while contributing to multiple initiatives and projects simultaneously, maintain relationships with product and tech management, and own deliverables end to end. Critical to the success of this role is your ability to work with big data, develop insightful analysis, work effectively as part of a cross functional team, and communicate findings in a clear and compelling way.
Make a business impact through analytical and strategic guidance and reporting
· Deliver impactful analysis based on robust economic, financial, and statistical analysis
· Develop analytical/financial models to estimate the impact of different scenarios, assisting in the business decision making process
· Enable accurate and robust reporting across key business/project/initiative metrics
· Illustrate key business trends and drivers through effective data interpretation and visualization
Become an analytics/data subject matter expert
· Develop an in-depth knowledge of relevant data sources, business intelligence technologies and analytical tools – know what’s possible and be able to answer questions fast
· Be an experimentation, causation, and scientific method practitioner
Work closely with Audible stakeholders and Sr Executives to drive the business forward
· Partner with business leaders to understand the challenges in the marketplace and deliver timely and relevant intelligence
· Advise and fulfill ad-hoc requests for data and analysis to support key leaders
· Clearly and concisely present strategic and tactical recommendations
· Develop compelling presentations and documents - and communicate them with impact
Demonstrate teamwork and leadership
· Cultivate a culture of continuous improvement with a focus on providing solutions and delivering results
· Lead by example and provide on-going mentorship and guidance to your team as well as advise the wider Insights team and associated project teams
· Ensure the accuracy, relevance, quality, and impact of the Insights team deliverables
· Advanced degree in Business (MBA) and/or >5 years equivalent relevant ecommerce, media, or consulting experience
· Technical degree (Operations Research (OR), Economics, Mathematics, Engineering or similar field) and/or >5 years equivalent experience in a data driven/analytical role
· Background in content/media, marketing tech, software development, and/or internet industries preferred, an understanding of product analytics, ecommerce analytics, marketing analytics, experimentation, and econometric techniques a plus
· Demonstrated high achievement in prior roles, with increasing levels of responsibility and independence
· Experience running projects with diverse stakeholder groups
· Experience working with business leaders
· Excellent problem-solving skills, self-motivated with the capacity to work under pressure and tight deadlines
· Excellent written and oral communication skills including presentation and PowerPoint skills
· Knowledge of data/analytical tools, including Excel, database querying (SQL), relational databases, Microstrategy, Salesforce, Omniture, Tableau, SAS, R, Hadoop, etc – strongly preferred. Aptitude and drive to learn new tools quickly required
· Intellectual curiosity for what drives the business
Audible, Inc. is the world’s largest seller and producer of spoken audio entertainment, information and educational programming. Since inventing and commercializing the first portable digital audio player in 1997, our focus on technological innovation and superior programming has earned us millions of subscribers around the world. We’re an Amazon subsidiary with a presence on four different continents, yet we maintain a startup vibe and small company feel. We offer more than 475,000 downloadable audiobooks, audio editions of periodicals, and other programs, and an escalating array of listening products that enrich daily life for a growing population of people who want to be more productive, well-informed, and thoughtfully entertained.
Audible is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Sign up for Job Alerts
- Competitive Intelligence Analyst Newark, New Jersey Finance & Insight Audible - an Amazon company and perpetual innovator – is looking for a data-driven, detail-oriented Competitive Business
- Content Analytics Senior Manager Newark, New Jersey Finance & Insight The Audible Global Insights and Data Science group seeks a Sr. Manager of Content Analytics with strong quantitative, mo
- Director, Strategic Initiatives Newark, New Jersey Finance & Insight ABOUT YOU · Rare combination of “thinker” and “do’er” with a strong aptitude for understanding strategic goals of tech
At Audible, we seek to exemplify what a company can mean beyond what it does. As Newark's fastest-growing private employer, we recruit and cultivate local talent as well as drive forward a wide range of community initiatives with a focus on supporting Newark's renaissance. Our global offices embrace their local communities as well, and our employees around the world volunteer and serve in their communities in addition to seeding and growing the local creative economy.
Plan for every chapter of your career journey with a wide range of generous benefits that you can rely on. We’re fostering an environment where everyone can thrive, individually and as part of the greater Audible community.