Director, Original Content CanadaContent & Audible Studios | Job ID 1547941
ABOUT THIS ROLE
Audible Canada is looking for a Director, Original Content who will be responsible for sourcing, creating and developing Audible Canada’s Original spoken-word programming, by building and expanding a network of local creative class relationships and ideating Original content ideas that resonate strongly with the Canadian cultural and entertainment landscape. With full strategic and deal ownership as well as P&L responsibility for the Original Content slate, the Director, Original Content will be a key contributor to Audible Canada business growth and will participate in other Audible global development activities related to Audible Original Content.
As Director, Original Content, you will...
· Ideate and identify lead projects, creators and formats for Audible’s Canadian Original non-book slate (fiction and non-fiction podcasts and longform dramatizations) based on cultural and social trends, local customer preferences and market research.
· Build, expand and maintain an ever-growing network of local Canadian producers, scriptwriters and authors who can write and create specifically for audio.
· Structure, negotiate and enter into new deals with content creators (e.g. writers, agents, publishers, studios, music licensing, etc.), collaborating with Audible cross-functional teams including Legal and Finance. Manage relationships end to end.
· Work as editor on original programs (e.g. story development for audio, script editing, revisions, etc.)
· Develop and maintain release plans in coordination with the wider Audible Canada team (e.g. Content Operations, Marketing, Merchandizing, PR, etc.).
· Coordinate with the production teams for budget, recording schedules, casting and celebrity management.
· Coordinate with Audible global Original Content teams ensuring collaboration and best-practice exchange.
· Travel - frequent travel to Canada required.
· 10+ years of experience in Media & Entertainment, focused on Canadian audiences (Film/TV, audio).
· Experience in the fields of editorial program development and content deal-making; this role requires a versatile, world-class, flexible and thought-leader creative entrepreneur mindset.
· Independent, entrepreneurial, passionate self-starter with a focus on delivery of excellence, a can-do attitude and a sense of urgency; able to modulate communication for internal and external needs.
· Broad entertainment network, with prior A-list talent and top brands experience.
· Highly organized, details-oriented, enjoy working in cross-functional & international teams under aggressive deadlines.
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills that drive to excellent business decisions in a creative environment.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills that are shaped by international experience and a broad interest of popular culture across all media types.
· Ability to operate in a high-energy, high-intensity and rapidly evolving environment.
· Ability to evaluate and develop content opportunities in both English and French.
· Strong existing relationships with talent and/or literary agents, as well as talent managers.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading producer and provider of original spoken-word entertainment and audiobooks, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
At Audible, we seek to exemplify what a company can mean beyond what it does. As Newark's fastest-growing private employer, we recruit and cultivate local talent as well as drive forward a wide range of community initiatives with a focus on supporting Newark's renaissance. Our global offices embrace their local communities as well, and our employees around the world volunteer and serve in their communities in addition to seeding and growing the local creative economy.
Plan for every chapter of your career journey with a wide range of generous benefits that you can rely on. We’re fostering an environment where everyone can thrive, individually and as part of the greater Audible community.