Director, Original Audio EntertainmentContent and Audible Studios | Job ID 987861
Candidates will have deep experience as a creative media producer, capable of overseeing the end-to-end development of multiple, concurrent audio productions and partnerships. Candidates must have proven experience in developing and bringing to market exceptional entertainment programming and have a track record of successfully managing the creative output of independent producers.
· Partnership Development: Identify, develop and oversee relationships with high-profile third-party audio production companies to deliver externally produced original audio properties.
· Creative Concepting: Assist third-party producers and writers to develop creative concepts that map to Audible’s original content strategy and programming slate.
· Greenlight / Deal Process : Assist a matrixed organization in evaluating property-by-property financial investments, deal structures, and go/no-go decisions primarily from creative, editorial, and talent perspective.
· Property Development: Provide editorial feedback, casting guidance, and production strategy feedback to third-party creators to assist in shaping concepts into compelling narratives and distinctive audio properties.
· Creative Oversight: Maintain responsibility for creative program decisions and oversee all day-to-day third-party productions.
· P&L: Manage P&L for a range of individual productions, liaising with Content Acquisition, Legal, Finance and AP while, ensuring on-time, on-budget productions.
· A track record of creating original media programming, from initial ideation to distribution, as demonstrated by a programming portfolio that has received popular consumer response.
· A proven ability to successfully manage a slate of third-party creative and production partnerships.
· Demonstrated capacity to provide critical and editorial feedback and direction to creative writers and producers.
· While entertainment industry experience is a prerequisite, familiarity with end-to-end audio production is highly preferred.
Sign up for Job Alerts
- Metadata Coordinator Newark, New Jersey Content and Audible Studios The Metadata Coordinator works as part of a team that accurately creates, enters, edits, and maintains Table of Contents
- Director, Original Audio Entertainment Newark, New Jersey Content and Audible Studios Audible is hiring a senior entertainment development executive to oversee the creation and execution of a range of origi
- Original Audio Entertainment Senior Producer Newark, New Jersey Content and Audible Studios Audible is hiring a senior media professional to lead the development and execution of a range of original audio enterta
At Audible, we seek to exemplify what a company can mean beyond what it does. As Newark's fastest-growing private employer, we recruit and cultivate local talent as well as drive forward a wide range of community initiatives with a focus on supporting Newark's renaissance. Our global offices embrace their local communities as well, and our employees around the world volunteer and serve in their communities in addition to seeding and growing the local creative economy.
Plan for every chapter of your career journey with a wide range of generous benefits that you can rely on. We’re fostering an environment where everyone can thrive, individually and as part of the greater Audible community.