Director of Talent AttractionPeople & Operations | Job ID 1739481
ABOUT THIS ROLE
The Director of Talent Attraction will report directly to the VP of Talent Acquisition and serve as a member of the Talent Acquisition Leadership Team with close partnerships with our Communications, Marketing and Brand teams.
You will lead the development and execution of a global integrated recruitment marketing strategy across all key talent segments including: tech, non-tech, international, early careers, executive, internal and the Newark community to assist Audible in its journey towards becoming an employer of choice for critical talent.
As a creative branding expert, you will also be responsible for developing global Employee Value Proposition, talent branding and recruitment marketing initiatives and events, and managing key projects, vendors and long term technology roadmap in this area.
We are committed to becoming a best place to work for talent, and you will ensure ongoing competitiveness by keeping an eye on upcoming trends, tools and tapping innovative solutions across the globe to keep Audible on the cutting-edge of attracting and retaining top talent across the globe.
As a Director of Talent Attraction, you will...
· Play a key role in the creation of Audible’s employer brand perception, and delivery of a crisp Employee Value Proposition to the marketplace.
· Positively impact the candidate and employee experience and communicate the Audible brand in a positive, authentic way that will improve engagement, and generate top of the funnel awareness.
· Maintain ongoing recruiting leadership engagement to understand current business trends that could affect changes in branding strategy.
· Leverage opportunities to engage employees in employment branding efforts through advocacy / employee testimonials and employer brand ambassador program.
· Maintain compelling and consistent visual and audio branding across all social channels in unity with site content.
· Own Glassdoor reputation management strategy and other review sites to positively position and increase brand awareness.
· Champion spectrum & belonging internally and externally.
· Manage the Recruitment Marketing Specialist in support of these key efforts.
· Provide, develop and deliver recruitment marketing strategies and initiatives, leading talent digital marketing and social media strategy and execution as it pertains to talent acquisition and human resource initiatives.
· Create recruitment marketing programs and campaigns, from brief development to implementation to support global hiring initiatives.
· Consult with talent acquisition and human resource partners to determine internal and external needs. Establish marketing goals and objectives for priority hiring areas.
· Manage talent acquisition and human resource outreach and ad campaign strategy and execution.
· Evaluate metrics, report on campaign results and determine ROI
· Set partner and vendor expectations through strong and consistent communication and project management.
· Develop and manage recruitment marketing programs involving research, positioning, and production of online and offline collateral, advertising, featured employee profiles, and online content.
· Ensure compliance of recruitment marketing materials, including social media and brand ambassador.
· Identify appropriate metrics and tools to monitor and measure effectiveness of programs.
· Monitor effective benchmarks and best practices for measuring the impact of social media campaigns.
· Work with corporate events team to plan and execute various events, from career fairs, networking events, virtual (online) events, and any other recruiting event created or sponsored by Audible to deliver exceptional experiential branded events and programs.
· Develop curated event programming for target audiences (early career/campus through professional level) from conceptualization to execution.
· Create marketing materials to assist in the sourcing and attraction for event attendance.
· Collaborate with employee ambassador speakers on presentation creation providing speaker tips and prep sessions, obtain legal approval and execute corporate affairs review process for all events.
· Coordinate with business stakeholders and employee ambassadors on event attendance and host pre and post event briefs to align on purpose and share event networking best practices.
· Track and measure the effectiveness of events and programs.
· Build connections between key phases in the candidate through employee journey to ensure consistency and coherency in the lifecycle.
· Collaborate with internal stakeholders for onboarding brand development and design as well as messaging that consistently reinforces who we are, what we stand for and what it means to work at Audible.
· Utilize our employee experience story as our competitive advantage – the cyclical connection point to attracting and retaining talent.
· Partner with our People Analytics team to monitor the heartbeat of employee experience and engagement; oversee the creation and implementation of employee onboarding feedback surveys (virtual new hire experience updates), compile results and develop recommendations and programs based on the data.
· Serve as a visible culture champion who fosters inclusive workplace and creates first impressions and authentic experiences that showcase our culture of belonging and contributes to Workplace Experience projects to create an inspiring, effective and evolving work environment for employees.
· Experience developing strategy and managing client relationships.
· Experience developing digital campaigns for social media and other digital interfaces.
· Experience aligning recruitment social sourcing strategies with an Employee Value Proposition.
· Experience leveraging digital and social channels to reach a desired audience.
· Demonstrated comfort with ambiguity and organizational change is critical for success in this position.
· Demonstrated project management skills, including ability to manage diverse, cross-functional teams across time zones.
· Ability to understand, balance, and articulate both tactical and strategic planning issues.
· Strong quantitative, analytical (technical and business), and problem solving skills.
· Persistent, tactful, and persuasive team and project leadership, including conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
· Ability to prioritize across multiple projects and handle diverse assignments simultaneously.
· A strong passion to help our recruiting and hiring teams connect with potential candidates in a meaningful way.
· Strong ability to integrate business needs into creative marketing campaigns.
· Ability to independently identify and act on priorities and leverage opportunities.
· Ability to articulate concepts and solutions.
· Exceptional relationship building skills in a highly cross-functional environment.
· Global perspective and understanding of business marketplace.
· Able to track and interpret metrics related to engagement and effectiveness of employer branding content on social media and other platforms to drive social media optimization (SMO) and return on investment.
· Displays in-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, their respective participants (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest etc.) and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios.
· Excellent oral and written communications and presentation skills.
· Strong organizational and program management skills.
· Able to set and consistently meet project milestones.
· Meticulous attention to detail and quality assurance.
· Able to work in deliverable and deadline-driven environment.
· Ability to navigate cultural differences, build global but locally relevant solutions.
· Stay abreast to shifts in recruitment marketing tools and social channels.
· Communicate the company’s brand in a positive, authentic way that will improve engagement, increase likes and generate leads.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading producer and provider of audio storytelling and spoken-word entertainment, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
At Audible, we seek to exemplify what a company can mean beyond what it does. As Newark's fastest-growing private employer, we recruit and cultivate local talent as well as drive forward a wide range of community initiatives with a focus on supporting Newark's renaissance. Our global offices embrace their local communities as well, and our employees around the world volunteer and serve in their communities in addition to seeding and growing the local creative economy.
Plan for every chapter of your career journey with a wide range of generous benefits that you can rely on. We’re fostering an environment where everyone can thrive, individually and as part of the greater Audible community.