Director of Product - experiences across website and iOS, Android appsProduct & Technology | Job ID 1167068
You will focus relentlessly on customer needs, working with user experience designers to craft product features that will surprise and delight our customers. You will provide enough clarity in the product definition that our software engineers can build the product/features and our marketers can determine the product positioning
You will be a leader on the ultimate vision and strategy of your product area. You will be responsible for the customer voice as you work with data, design, technical, and business leaders to set strategy and define the product.
You live and breathe consumer experiences across website and iOS, Android apps. You understand seamless customer experiences from one platform to another and how they together form a whole continuous end to end customer experience. You understand the cost benefit analysis of each platform. You have an insatiable appetite for understanding your customers and are relentless in finding solutions that meet their needs across a variety of surfaces. You sweat the details and tie them back to the big picture.
You’re an accountable, hands on problem-solver with a positive attitude, letting nothing stand in the way. You know how to clarify the path forward and prioritize work. You know how to influence others.
You’re a natural collaborator equally comfortable talking tech with developers, user experience with designers, copy and positioning with product marketers, numbers with finance and marketing, and strategy with executive leadership.
The successful candidate will be an ambitious self-starter with a passion for building best-in-class customer experiences. You will have proven analytical capabilities, strong persuasive writing skills, broad business experience, tenacity to develop ideas independently, and thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment.
· Drive product development from conceptualization through launch creating actionable plans, work streams and tactics and execute on those in support of new product features.
· Define and manage the product roadmap & strategy, setting expectations with all relevant stakeholders.
· Establish and continuously update the vision and roadmap for Audible’s experiences across our website/mobile, iOS, Android Apps and Amazon devices.
· Collaborate with technology teams, UX, other product teams, and business development partners to determine what features to move forward and in what priority order.
· Ensure business and technical stakeholder needs are aligned by driving mindful discussions that lead to crisp decisions.
· Write market, functional, and system requirements documents and ensure clear communication and coordination of requirements to business and development teams.
· Create plans that have clear, measurable success criteria.
· Manage the execution of initiatives from idea through launch, while setting and managing the right expectations with all relevant stakeholders.
· Solve ambiguous problems and proactively identify and mitigate risks before they become roadblocks.
· Partner with UX and UX Research to define good outcomes for qualitative testing, ensuring we are building the right experience for a diverse range of cultures.
· Define metrics for success and failure and analyze and create dashboards for key metrics.
· Regularly review metrics and proactively seek out new and improved data/mechanisms for visibility, ensuring your program stays aligned with organization objectives.
· Extensive iOS and/or Android mobile app experience, but an interest in both.
· Extensive cross platform experience across website and apps.
· Exceptional writing skills. Audible has a strong writing culture: PowerPoint use is rare.
· Data-informed: Define metrics for success and failure; ability to use quantitative and qualitative data to back up assumptions and make decisions.
· Team player: Strong, demonstrated ability to rally and bring varying functional teams together, and break through stalled decision making. High emotional intelligence.
· Demonstrated experience in agile, lean startup product management processes.
· Sound business & strategy judgment, proven ability to influence others, and strong analytical thinking skills are critical to success in this position.
Audible, Inc. is the world’s largest seller and producer of spoken audio entertainment, information and educational programming. Since inventing and commercializing the first portable digital audio player in 1997, our focus on technological innovation and superior programming has earned us millions of subscribers around the world. We’re an Amazon subsidiary with a presence on four different continents, yet we maintain a startup vibe and small company feel. We offer more than 475,000 downloadable audiobooks, audio editions of periodicals, and other programs, and an escalating array of listening products that enrich daily life for a growing population of people who want to be more productive, well-informed, and thoughtfully entertained.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
What we can offer you
We are a community of brilliant minds, brimming with fresh ideas and working shoulder to shoulder to achieve greatness. And because of this, we think it’s only fair that we offer some nice little perks to everyone who goes the extra mile at Audible.
Fully stocked kitchen with all the snacks and drinks to get your creative thoughts flowing.
Dental and vision plans, life insurance, and the medical plan options that suit individual needs.
Plan for your future with employer-matched savings accounts.
We grant our employees restricted stock units, because we want them to think and act like owners.
We love what we do but everyone needs the opportunity to hit the refresh button. Take advantage of vacation days, sick days, and personal days to rejuvenate.
From tickets to local events and exciting company-sponsored events, regular outings and team-building events foster our spirit of collaboration.
As part of the Amazon family, Audible employees are entitled to a discount on products on Amazon.
Discounted sports clubs or fitness reimbursements.
What keeps me motivated here in one word is 'opportunities.' Being able to deep-dive into complex cross-domain problems and stepping out of my comfort zone with projects, technologies and people. I can spontaneously collaborate with literally anyone—from my Audible teammates to my Amazon counterparts to our CIO and CEO—and most importantly get valuable feedback along the way.
Software Development Engineer