Director of Internal CommunicationsBrand & Marketing | Job ID 1597110
ABOUT THIS ROLE
Audible is seeking a proactive, articulate and enthusiastic individual for the role of Director, Internal Communications. This position will report to the VP, Internal Communications and will play a vital role in informing, engaging and inspiring employees globally.
This role will have responsibility for supporting global communications initiatives for Audible with a key focus on internal communications and employee engagement. This is a collaborative role working to help drive and implement internal communications strategy, coordinate internal communications efforts across various business functions, collect and share best practices and success stories and provide strategic communications counsel and implementation support to senior leaders. The role requires superior communication and presentation skills (both written and oral); experience and understanding of the evolving communications landscape as well as cross-cultural sensitivities.
You are able to work successfully in a team environment and build effective working relationships across the organization, and can react with appropriate urgency to situations that require a quick turnaround. You have passion for helping to foster employee engagement as well as an enthusiasm for Audible’s disruptive, high-energy technology-driven culture and our People Principles as well as our commitment to the revitalization of communities in which we work, in Newark and across the globe.
As a Director of Internal Communications, you will...
· Serve as a communications business partner to various Audible leaders and teams, including developing and implementing communications strategy, approach, processes and protocols that drive cross-cultural communication and help to further connect and engage employees in alignment with our existing global internal communications strategy.
· Provide support for presentations, message development and other internal outreach aligned with our overall Company priorities and activities as well as functional goals.
· Adapt messaging and communications vehicles and formats as needed, including identification of new communications channels, to ensure messages are well received across functions and territories and address cultural sensitivities.
· Establish a clear cadence and calendar for communications programming, in coordination with the Internal Communications team, and contribute to the overall global internal communications cadence and message development.
· Partner with other Global Corporate Affairs (including Corporate Communications and PR representatives in each territory) and HR team members to inform, engage and inspire employees around our People Principles, business strategy and priorities and content offerings, as well as various community engagement programs through timely, effective and relevant internal communications.
· Identify ways to measure the effectiveness of international internal communications efforts, using existing and new measurement tools.
· Share ongoing learnings with the broader Global Corporate Affairs team and help to develop multi-cultural knowledge and skillsets.
· 8+ years of work experience in a global / matrixed business environment.
· Adept at using and experimenting with communication technologies.
· Technical skills—strong Word, Excel and PowerPoint ability.
· Strong expertise and understanding of internal communications, change management and the evolving and global communications landscape.
· Written communication—exceptional writing skills, strong line-editing, copyediting and proofreading skills, varies writing style to meet needs, presents data effectively.
· Oral communication—speaks clearly and persuasively; possesses ability to engage others; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; actively participates in meetings.
· Experience managing international territories.
· Experience in training leaders to be more effective communicators.
· Willing to roll up one’s sleeves and get work done, even when outside the scope of the job.
· Versatile in writing style and ability to think on their feet and create real-time messaging and stories to share with employees.
· Experience with intranet platforms.
· Ability to use visual concepts, graphic design or HTML.
· Digital fluency – foundational understanding of behaviors in the digital space and digital platforms.
· Proven ability to use multiple communications channels and technologies to create impactful communications that are aligned with strategy and ensure we are reaching employees when and where they are available.
· Strong organizational and project management skills and the ability to influence stakeholders.
· Capacity to work across teams at the highest levels of the Audible organization, enjoys working with people and understands discretion and diplomacy.
· Must be able to think innovatively and creatively, thrive in fast-paced environments, be able to manage through ambiguity and complexity and change course if necessary.
· Passion for Audible's core mission to improve lives through storytelling, the company’s commitment to urban revitalization and its disruptive, technology-driven culture.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading producer and provider of original spoken-word entertainment and audiobooks, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Sign up for Job Alerts
At Audible, we seek to exemplify what a company can mean beyond what it does. As Newark's fastest-growing private employer, we recruit and cultivate local talent as well as drive forward a wide range of community initiatives with a focus on supporting Newark's renaissance. Our global offices embrace their local communities as well, and our employees around the world volunteer and serve in their communities in addition to seeding and growing the local creative economy.
Plan for every chapter of your career journey with a wide range of generous benefits that you can rely on. We’re fostering an environment where everyone can thrive, individually and as part of the greater Audible community.