Director Content Acquisition and DevelopmentContent & Audible Studios | Job ID 1015241
· Work to prepare projects for internal support and valuation through collection of data and preparation of budgets, P&Ls, and proposed deal terms
· Structure, negotiate and enter into new deals with content creators, agents, and business development partners
· Grow and maintain strong relationships with existing and potential partners
· Manage and execute high volume deal flow against specific metrics
· Track and communicate deal terms within the organization and provide for first line of enforcement of deal terms if necessary
· Work closely with other key stakeholders within Audible, such as Marketing, PR, Content Services, and Content Creation
· Coordinate closely with members of the content teams at Audible to maintain consistency in messaging and policy
· Minimum 7-10 years’ experience and proven success in a content, media rights, or digital media department/company
· Strong analytical/decision making and problem solving skills
· Strong negotiation skills and relationship management
· Solid understanding of intellectual property rights
· Strong verbal and written communication skills -- ability to effectively communicate complex concepts and ideas in a simple manner across different levels of an organization
· Resourceful self-starter with an independent attitude and focus on excellence
· Ability to operate in a high-energy, high-intensity and rapidly evolving environment
· ability to work with cross functional teams under aggressive deadlines
Audible, Inc. is the world’s largest seller and producer of spoken audio entertainment, information and educational programming. Since inventing and commercializing the first portable digital audio player in 1997, our focus on technological innovation and superior programming has earned us millions of subscribers around the world. We’re an Amazon subsidiary with a presence on four different continents, yet we maintain a startup vibe and small company feel. We offer more than 475,000 downloadable audiobooks, audio editions of periodicals, and other programs, and an escalating array of listening products that enrich daily life for a growing population of people who want to be more productive, well-informed, and thoughtfully entertained.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Sign up for Job Alerts
- Executive Producer, Audible Studios Originals Newark, New Jersey Content & Audible Studios The Executive Producer will work with Audible Studios, Content and Acquisition and Original Content to help articulate,
At Audible, we seek to exemplify what a company can mean beyond what it does. As Newark's fastest-growing private employer, we recruit and cultivate local talent as well as drive forward a wide range of community initiatives with a focus on supporting Newark's renaissance. Our global offices embrace their local communities as well, and our employees around the world volunteer and serve in their communities in addition to seeding and growing the local creative economy.
Plan for every chapter of your career journey with a wide range of generous benefits that you can rely on. We’re fostering an environment where everyone can thrive, individually and as part of the greater Audible community.