Data ScientistFinance & Insight | Job ID 1189395
Audible Product Data Science team partners with technology and product leaders to solve business and technology problems using scientific approaches to build product and services that surprise and delight our customers. Improving Search and Content discovery experience is our key focus. We employ cutting-edge machine learning (ML), deep learning (DL) techniques and Natural Language Processing (NLP) knowledge to improve the relevance of search results, query intents understanding, and recommendation system, etc. We operate in an agile environment in which we own and collaborate the life cycle of research, design, and model development of relevant projects.
As a data scientist, you will be responsible for making experimentation methods recommendations by researching state-of-art methods, examining and tuning the current methods with simulations. You will be working on projects through their entire lifecycle from idea creation through implementation, experimentation and finally, deployment. You will be a key driver in improving our experimentation best practices to accelerate our rate of learning. You will be working with other data scientists, ML experts, engineers as well as product teams locally and abroad, and on cross-disciplinary efforts with other scientists within Amazon.
We are looking for a motivated, results-oriented Data Scientist with strong rigor and demonstrable skills in Experimentation, ML, DL, NLP, data mining and/or large-scale distributed computation.
· Experience applying Monte Carlo simulation, ML and/or DL techniques.
· 4+ years of experience coding in Python, R, MATLAB or similar scripting languages.
· Ability to collaborate effectively and deploy production grade models.
· Good communication skills both verbal and written; Good is standing at an ability to translate complex models and analysis results into layman terms.
· Ability to learn quickly and self-direct new domains and managing through ambiguity.
· Large-scale distributed systems experience, including scalability and fault tolerance
· Extensive experience applying theoretical models in an applied environment
· Familiarity with AWS services including EMR, Athena, and Redshift
· Strong verbal and written communication and data presentation skills; experience presenting complex technical information, succinctly, to technical and business.
Audible, Inc. is the world’s largest seller and producer of spoken audio entertainment, information and educational programming. Since inventing and commercializing the first portable digital audio player in 1997, our focus on technological innovation and superior programming has earned us millions of subscribers around the world. We’re an Amazon subsidiary with a presence on four different continents, yet we maintain a startup vibe and small company feel. We offer more than 475,000 downloadable audiobooks, audio editions of periodicals, and other programs, and an escalating array of listening products that enrich daily life for a growing population of people who want to be more productive, well-informed, and thoughtfully entertained.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
At Audible, we seek to exemplify what a company can mean beyond what it does. As Newark's fastest-growing private employer, we recruit and cultivate local talent as well as drive forward a wide range of community initiatives with a focus on supporting Newark's renaissance. Our global offices embrace their local communities as well, and our employees around the world volunteer and serve in their communities in addition to seeding and growing the local creative economy.
Plan for every chapter of your career journey with a wide range of generous benefits that you can rely on. We’re fostering an environment where everyone can thrive, individually and as part of the greater Audible community.