Newark, New Jersey
Job ID: 944620
Audible seeks a Data Scientist who will help our product, marketing, and content teams target customers and prospects as well as understand and personalize the content, format and context needed to optimize their book-listening experience.
In this role, you will make the best of your skillset in predictive modeling, recommendation modeling, (un-) supervised learning, and simulation to explain, quantify, predict and prescribe. You will translate business goals into agile, insightful analytics and you will seek to create value for both stakeholders and customers and will convey findings in a clear, actionable way to managers and senior leaders.
· Develop models to optimize the Who, When, Where and How of all our conversations with customers.
· Develop models to measure and optimize our Audiobook Catalog.
· Develop Amazon-scale data engineering pipelines.
· Imagine and invent before the business asks, and create groundbreaking applications using cutting-edge approaches.
· Contribute to the growth of the Audible Data Science team by sharing your ideas, intellectual property and learning from others.
Basic Qualifications· Passion for data (and fearlessness in the face of a data tsunami), modeling, research design and cutting-edges algorithms.
· PhD or MS in one of the following disciplines: Computer Science, Statistics, Data Science, Economics, Econometrics, Finance.
· Programming languages/platforms: fluency in SQL, Python, Spark, AWS.
· Exposure to software engineering environments (version control, command line…).
Preferred Qualifications· Domain knowledge of comparable products (digital, retail).
· Experience with Agile Software Development.
· Experience with Container Platforms (Docker, Kubernetes/Fargate).
· Experience with Streaming data processing.
Audible is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Audible, Inc. is the world’s largest seller and producer of spoken audio entertainment, information and educational programming. Since inventing and commercializing the first portable digital audio player in 1997, our focus on technological innovation and superior programming has earned us millions of subscribers around the world. We’re an Amazon subsidiary with a presence on four different continents, yet we maintain a startup vibe and small company feel. We offer more than 475,000 downloadable audiobooks, audio editions of periodicals, and other programs, and an escalating array of listening products that enrich daily life for a growing population of people who want to be more productive, well-informed, and thoughtfully entertained.