Newark, New Jersey
Job ID: 911088
ABOUT THIS ROLE:
Curators, take note – we’re looking for a Data Scientist with an eye for what’s next. At the intersection of accuracy and understanding, your work will influence global initiatives across the company. You’ll use cutting-edge technology to explore data models and get in the minds of millions of Audible listeners. You’ll deliver findings and create value in a clear, actionable way alongside a team of interdisciplinary experts. Digital insight drives our innovation and Audible Data Scientists are the key to unlocking the future of storytelling.
Visionary, tastemaker, problem-solver – you’ve heard it all, and it’s all true. You delve into databases as easily as you re-read a dog-eared novel. You discover the stories behind statistics and transform them into a better user experience. Curiosity keeps you in pursuit of the next solution. You’re looking for a company ready to both challenge and invest in you.
AS A DATA SCIENTIST, YOU WILL:
· Identify issues and develop solutions to improve user experience
· Analyze streaming content categories to help develop original content
· Compare insights with competitors to remain a leader in our field
· Explore data models to deeply understand the phenomenon being modeled, and the validity and reliability of the inputs
Basic Qualifications· Attention to detail, quality, and accuracy
· Master’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering, Mathematics or related field, or equivalent experience
· Experience with programming in Python, R, or similar scripting languages
· Excellent data visualization and written communication skills to translate complex models and analysis results into layman terms
Preferred Qualifications· Hands-on model deployment experience in an object-oriented language
· Doctorate in Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering, Mathematics or related field
· Hands-on experience with data analysis and model development in Search or Advertising domain space
· Insatiable curiosity
Audible is more than the world’s leading provider of audiobooks. We’re pioneers. We’re inventors. We’re storytellers. Since 1995, we’ve been authors of an industry revolution, creating a global destination for insight, information, and imagination built at the speed of the spoken word. Our people are driven by a collective passion for amplifying the human voice and enriching the cities and communities we call home. Together, we’re changing the narrative on storytelling.
Audible is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Audible, Inc. is the world’s largest seller and producer of spoken audio entertainment, information and educational programming. Since inventing and commercializing the first portable digital audio player in 1997, our focus on technological innovation and superior programming has earned us millions of subscribers around the world. We’re an Amazon subsidiary with a presence on four different continents, yet we maintain a startup vibe and small company feel. We offer more than 475,000 downloadable audiobooks, audio editions of periodicals, and other programs, and an escalating array of listening products that enrich daily life for a growing population of people who want to be more productive, well-informed, and thoughtfully entertained.