Data Engineer I
Newark, New Jersey
Job ID: 927018
· Apply broad knowledge of technology options, technology platforms, design techniques and approaches across the Data Engineering ecosystem to build systems that meet business needs
· Build systems and datasets using software engineering best practices, data management fundamentals, data storage principles, recent advances in distributed systems, and operational excellence best practices
· Analyze source systems, define underlying data sources and transformation requirements, design suitable data models and document the design/specifications
· Demonstrate passion for quality and productivity by use of efficient development techniques, standards and guidelines
· Effectively communicate with various teams and stakeholders, escalate technical and managerial issues at the right time and resolve conflicts
· Peer review work. Actively mentor other members of the team, improving their skills, their knowledge of our systems and their ability to get things done
HOW DOES AMAZON FIT IN?
We're a part of Amazon, they are our parent company and it's a great partnership. You'll get to play with all of Amazon's technologies like EC2, SQS and S3 but it doesn't stop there. Audible's built on Amazon technology and you'll have insight into the inner workings of the world's leading ecommerce experience. There's a LOT to learn!
If you want to own and solve problems, work with a creative dynamic team, fail fast in a supportive environment whilst growing your career and working on a platform that powers web applications used by millions of customers worldwide we want to hear from you.
Basic Qualifications· A Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or a related field
· Proficiency in SQL and programming languages such as python
· 2+ years of hands on experience in working with data including but not limited to Data Warehouse (DWH) environment with data integration/ETL of large and complex data sets, Data modeling skills such as Star/Snowflake schema design for DWH, or building large scale data-processing systems with experience in Big Data technologies such as MapReduce, Hadoop, Spark, Kafka or AWS equivalents.
· Familiarity with Database technologies such as AWS Redshift, Oracle, Teradata, or others
· Familiarity with Business Intelligence (BI) and Visualization platforms such as MicroStrategy and AWS Quicksight
· Ability to communicate effectively and work independently with little supervision to deliver on time quality products
· Willingness to learn, be open minded to new ideas and different opinions yet knowing when to stop, analyze, and reach a decision
Preferred Qualifications· Hands on experience with BI and Visualization platforms such as MicroStrategy and AWS Quicksight
· Experience with AWS cloud technologies such as Elastic Map Reduce (EMR), Kinesis, Athena
Audible is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Audible, Inc. is the world’s largest seller and producer of spoken audio entertainment, information and educational programming. Since inventing and commercializing the first portable digital audio player in 1997, our focus on technological innovation and superior programming has earned us millions of subscribers around the world. We’re an Amazon subsidiary with a presence on four different continents, yet we maintain a startup vibe and small company feel. We offer more than 475,000 downloadable audiobooks, audio editions of periodicals, and other programs, and an escalating array of listening products that enrich daily life for a growing population of people who want to be more productive, well-informed, and thoughtfully entertained.