Data AnalystFinance & Insight | Job ID 2064064
Good storytelling starts with great listening. At Audible, that means each role and every project has our audience in mind. Because the same people who design, develop, and deploy our products also happen to use them. To us, that speaks volumes.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
The Audible Global Insights and Data Science group seeks a Data Analyst to join its Corporate Strategy and Investor Relations team. In this role you will be part of a team that powers data-driven communications for Executive Leadership through your support of our Corporate Affairs team. You will contribute to data-driven communications by sharing press-worthy insights and visualizations that demonstrate the value that Audible delivers to both its customers and creators on a daily basis. Your work will facilitate the activities of senior leaders of the Corporate Affairs and Content organizations and support engagements led by Executive Leadership.
You are able to work with minimal oversight, conduct multiple tasks simultaneously, develop crisp reporting and visualizations, and own deliverables end-to-end. Critical to the success of this role is your ability to work with big data, develop impactful visualizations, implement scalable reporting solutions, work effectively as part of a cross-functional team, and transform data into powerful communications.
As Data Analyst, you will...
- Make a business impact through partnership, analytical guidance, data visualization, and reporting.
- Partner with stakeholders in the Corporate Affairs team to translate business requirements into scalable analytical solutions.
- Partner with Corporate Affairs team to scope and implement self-service reporting and analytics tools to force multiply their capabilities.
- Leverage your passion for visualization and storytelling to develop short form analytical content that scales across activities led by Corporate Affairs.
- Develop and continually deepen your expertise in data-related technologies and systems that enable teams at Audible to articulate the value it delivers to customers and employees across communication channels.
- Work closely with stakeholders across Audible’s Corporate Affairs team.
- Advise and fulfill ad-hoc analysis and requests.
- Advance and automate existing reports to reduce manual overhead.
- Identify, track, and recommend ways to address data gaps and limitations to unlock next-level capabilities.
- Contribute to and execute against a framework to accelerate and deepen stakeholder knowledge and insight.
- Communicate effectively.
- Leverage your passion for data-driven communications to create value beyond the numbers to influence communication strategies and outcomes for partners in Corporate Affairs.
- Translate complex analytics into simplified outputs that are easily understood and facilitate deep connections between Audible, its customers, and employees.
- Understand how our team’s work is consumed, interpreted, and acted upon by partners in Corporate Affairs, and adapt your output and communication style to facilitate understanding and engagement.
- Demonstrate teamwork and accountability.
- Act as a subject matter expert for Corporate Affairs within Global Insights and Data Science.
- Intimately understand and document data lineage, metric definition and aggregation to facilitate cross-functional knowledge and skills development.
- Collaborate with technical peers in Global Insights and Data Science to continuously improve the team’s ability to provide insights about its service and customers to stakeholders across the business.
- Identify and articulate opportunities to influence the direction of the broader team, and connect the dots between your efforts and colleagues across Insights to drive synergies and unlock value.
- 3+ years of prior experience in ecommerce, customer analytics, market research, or brand insights.
- Technical degree or equivalent (Economics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering or similar field) desirable or demonstrated experience in an analytical role.
- Strong experience with SQL, relational databases; experience using data visualization tools including Tableau or MicroStrategy.
- Knowledge of data/analytical tools.
- Aptitude and drive to learn new tools quickly.
- Intellectual curiosity for what drives the business.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in the areas of Business Intelligence, Corporate Affairs, or Consulting in a digital environment or in a related field.
- Demonstrated ability to translate corporate and brand insights into compelling data visualization and reporting.
- Advance degree (Masters, MBA) in Computer Science, Statistics, Economics, Business or a related field.
- Advanced knowledge of big data analytics technologies.
- Experience running projects with diverse stakeholders and senior leaders.
- Background in content/media, marketing tech, and/or internet industries.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading creator and provider of premium audio storytelling, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Plan for every chapter of your career journey with a wide range of generous benefits that you can rely on. We’re fostering an environment where everyone can thrive, individually and as part of the greater Audible community.