Customer Analytics SpecialistCustomer Service | Job ID 1636387
ABOUT THIS ROLE
This role reports into the Senior Manager of Customer Analytics & Insights for Customer Care and is responsible for quantitative data analysis and visualization. By combining a deep understanding of business concepts with knowledge of statistics and exploratory data analysis, you will uncover actionable insights and catalyze change for your internal customers, as well as Audible listeners. Your analyses may take the form of root cause analysis, impact assessment, Voice of the Customer deep dives, and more – all with the goals of building a better product, reducing cost, increasing efficiency, and ultimately improving customer experience. In the process, you will forge strong relationships with key cross-functional partners while developing a deep knowledge of Customer Care and the Audible business.
· You are Curious. You are highly inquisitive, possessing a natural desire to ask questions and test hypotheses, and you don’t feel satisfied until you achieve a fundamental level of understanding. You embrace a “lifelong learner” mentality.
· You are Bright. You excel at solving abstract problems with data. You grasp new concepts quickly and are eager to learn anything that will create value. You also easily navigate the people aspects of a complex, global organization.
· You are Bold. You are a self-starter, taking initiative and driving progress with minimal direction. You are not afraid to challenge the status quo, finding novel solutions to problems. You thrive in a culture of empowerment, innovation, and rapid change.
· You are Passionate. You are excited by everything data, and you play with data just for fun. You imbue a passion for excellence into everything you do, not only raising the bar, but also having fun along the way. You love using data to drive product, process, and technology improvements.
As a Customer Analytics Specialist, you will...
· Data analysis – Obtain, manipulate, and analyze data to answer specific or open-ended questions, utilizing statistical approaches as needed, and distill actionable insights.
· Data visualization – Understand requirements, gather data from various data sources, conduct business analysis, and provide quantitative insights through presentations, reports, and dashboards.
· Root cause identification – Understand Customer Care’s business processes, identify root causes to business problems using data, and make recommendations.
· Best practices – Recognize, develop, and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: automation, data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation.
· Travel - Up to 5% of Domestic and International.
· 2+ years of related experience.
· Experience with complex data gathering and analysis (e.g. SQL, R, Excel).
· Experience with programming / scripting languages (e.g. R, Python, Bash, Powershell, VBA).
· Familiarity working in Linux / Unix environments through Command Line Interfaces.
· Experience creating and sharing data visualizations (e.g. Tableau, MicroStrategy).
· Working knowledge of statistical concepts (distributions, hypothesis testing, confidence intervals).
· Ability to analyze and interpret a mix of qualitative and quantitative data, construct compelling narratives, and provide recommendations on complex topics.
· Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build trust and partnerships with key stakeholders.
· Experience working with and communicating to senior managers.
· Experience working in an organization focused on customer experience, preferably Customer Service
· Experience with Redshift SQL and NoSQL databases like DynamoDB
· Familiarity with utilizing resources from the AWS technology stack (e.g. EC2, S3, EMR)
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading producer and provider of original spoken-word entertainment and audiobooks, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
At Audible, we seek to exemplify what a company can mean beyond what it does. As Newark's fastest-growing private employer, we recruit and cultivate local talent as well as drive forward a wide range of community initiatives with a focus on supporting Newark's renaissance. Our global offices embrace their local communities as well, and our employees around the world volunteer and serve in their communities in addition to seeding and growing the local creative economy.
Plan for every chapter of your career journey with a wide range of generous benefits that you can rely on. We’re fostering an environment where everyone can thrive, individually and as part of the greater Audible community.