Corporate CounselPeople & Operations | Job ID 1715579
ABOUT THIS ROLE
As Corporate Counsel, you will be a key member of Audible's Content Legal team providing legal support on Audible's expanding Original Content initiatives. You will work on a variety of complicated and sophisticated transactions as well as provide day-to-day strategic and legal advice to stakeholders throughout the company.
As Corporate Counsel you will...
· Structure, draft, negotiate, and review for execution a variety of agreements for original audio content production, primarily focused on rights acquisition, content creation, production, performance, and distribution agreements.
· Act as lead production counsel on new productions, including providing analysis and advice in connection with intellectual property matters (chain of title, trademarks, copyrights) and production clearances (defamation, rights of publicity and privacy), and other matters.
· Coordinate and interface with business affairs, finance, legal and other Audible/Amazon departments to ensure proper handling and escalation of issues.
· Oversee junior attorneys and legal professionals in supporting various Audible and Amazon stakeholders throughout the content acquisition, production, and distribution lifecycle.
· Train non-legal professionals in best practices relating to content creation and distribution.
· Candidate should be able to work independently and represent the interests of Audible in complicated content creation, acquisition, license, and distribution agreements, with minimum supervision.
· Occasional travel required; position is based within Audible’s Newark, NJ campus – 20 minutes from Manhattan.
· 5+ years of entertainment law and transactional experience with 2+ years in private practice with a law firm that is a recognized leader in entertainment/media law.
· Strong legal and business judgment.
· Advanced and comprehensive understanding of entertainment deal structures.
· Ability to handle multiple priorities and work under deadline.
· Teamwork oriented attitude and sense of humor required.
· In-house business or legal affairs experience with a television/cable network, motion picture studio, production company, streaming service, or other content creation/media company.
· Experience with guilds (SAG, WGA, AFTRA) and/or music licensing.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading producer and provider of original spoken-word entertainment and audiobooks, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
At Audible, we seek to exemplify what a company can mean beyond what it does. As Newark's fastest-growing private employer, we recruit and cultivate local talent as well as drive forward a wide range of community initiatives with a focus on supporting Newark's renaissance. Our global offices embrace their local communities as well, and our employees around the world volunteer and serve in their communities in addition to seeding and growing the local creative economy.
Plan for every chapter of your career journey with a wide range of generous benefits that you can rely on. We’re fostering an environment where everyone can thrive, individually and as part of the greater Audible community.