Contracts ManagerPeople & Operations | Job ID 1657684
ABOUT THIS ROLE
We are seeking a bright and motivated Contracts Manager to support Audible’s growing original content initiatives. You will be client-service oriented, have great attention to detail while still meeting tight deadlines, have great organizational skills, and have the ability to easily switch gears. A high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information and professionalism in dealing with senior professionals inside and outside the company is essential.
You have the uncanny ability to know where you are needed, identify and implement process improvements, effectively manage internal and external relationships, and work cross-functionally with other teams. You are able to handle a high volume of tasks and projects independently, react with appropriate urgency to situations and events that require a quick response or turnaround, take effective action without having to know the total picture, and solve problems that affect a broad range of teams.
As a Contracts Manager, you will...
· Review, draft and negotiate a variety of content acquisition, development, and production-related agreements in connection with original audio content.
· Set up and maintain rights management systems for Audible’s content slate.
· Oversee and manage a wide range of content production-related workstreams involving third-party production companies, talent and other creative contributors.
· Develop self-service legal tools and train business units on best practices relating to self-service legal tools.
· Maintain business-facing resources. Update and maintain repository of agreement forms and terms.
· Prepare agreements for signature.
· Assist with other tasks and projects on an as-needed basis.
· 2+ years of experience reviewing, drafting and negotiating rights agreements.
· Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Working knowledge of legal concepts related to contracting, licensing, and content production, including copyright and trademark law.
· Capacity to function autonomously yet communicate laterally and upwardly with ease.
· Exceptional interpersonal skills to effectively coordinate complex issues and projects with diverse levels of management and employees.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading producer and provider of audio storytelling and spoken-word entertainment, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
At Audible, we seek to exemplify what a company can mean beyond what it does. As Newark's fastest-growing private employer, we recruit and cultivate local talent as well as drive forward a wide range of community initiatives with a focus on supporting Newark's renaissance. Our global offices embrace their local communities as well, and our employees around the world volunteer and serve in their communities in addition to seeding and growing the local creative economy.
Plan for every chapter of your career journey with a wide range of generous benefits that you can rely on. We’re fostering an environment where everyone can thrive, individually and as part of the greater Audible community.