Content Programming SpecialistContent & Audible Studios | Job ID 2071218
Good storytelling starts with great listening. At Audible, that means each role and every project has our audience in mind. Because the same people who design, develop, and deploy our products also happen to use them. To us, that speaks volumes.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
In this role, you will be responsible for the daily maintenance and accurate upkeep of Audible’s inclusive content slates and project trackers, sourcing information from a variety of departments and databases in partnership with the team’s Scheduling Specialist. You’ll communicate these details across teams, providing consistent and clear updates and insights. This role reports into the Inclusive Programming Lead and will support their efforts in creating new programs, curating slates tied to seasonal moments and trends, partnering cross-functionally to fill gaps in our catalog, and providing audience insights and opportunities. The Content Programming Specialist will hold a multifaceted role that helps determine and execute Audible’s strategic initiatives with respect to its inclusive content programming, working with internal and external content partners on opportunities to create, acquire, and amplify spoken word titles from traditionally underrepresented voices.
You are obsessed with details. You thrive in a fast-paced, high-volume, collaborative environment, excel at follow through, possess excellent communication skills (written and verbal); and will jump at the opportunity to take on new challenges. Your mission (and ours) is unique and powerful: fill hearts and minds with premium audio content that entertains, informs, and enriches.
As a Content Programming Specialist, you will…
- Provide the accurate entry, upkeep, and communication of Audible’s productions from underrepresented communities and that ladder into our Hear My Story initiative.
- Surface new content creation, acquisition, or partnership opportunities for creatives from underrepresented and marginalized communities.
- Mine the existing content catalogue for opportunities for amplification that authentically align with relevant communities.
- Stay abreast of entertainment trends and what’s happening in the inclusive content landscape outside of Audible.
- Help maintain a programming calendar across content verticals that speaks to relevant cultural touchpoints.
- Coordinate closely with members of the content teams at Audible to maintain consistency in messaging, clarity on goals, and content needs for our audiences.
- Continue to improve upon processes to ensure the accurate tracking and communication of release dates, title management, and upcoming opportunities.
- Support manager in monthly slate meetings, bi-weekly cross-functional team meetings, and ongoing research and insights requests with organization, preparation, note taking and follow-up.
- Provide similar range of support for kids content programming, but to a smaller degree.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Hands-on experience and comfort with the Office suite of tools (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) as well as other systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
- 3+ years’ work experience, preferably in a direct-to-consumer or programming capacity in the entertainment space.
- Quick to learn/adapt to internal tools and processes for maximum impact.
- Extraordinary attention to detail at high volume.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to communicate effectively with people both inside and outside the immediate department.
- A desire to find the most efficient ways of doing things – whether that means innovating current processes, or seeking out how to improve them.
- Comfort working in a highly matrixed organization where collaboration is required to drive projects forward, frequent and clear communication is muscle memory.
- Ability to manage a large and ever-changing workload with grace and efficiency is a must, as well as a continuing sense of urgency.
- Ability to independently prioritize tasks and to work independently as well as with supervised direction.
- Appreciation of audio entertainment.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading creator and provider of premium audio storytelling, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Sign up for Job Alerts
At Audible, we seek to exemplify what a company can mean beyond what it does. As Newark's fastest-growing private employer, we recruit and cultivate local talent as well as drive forward a wide range of community initiatives with a focus on supporting Newark's renaissance. Our global offices embrace their local communities as well, and our employees around the world volunteer and serve in their communities in addition to seeding and growing the local creative economy.
Plan for every chapter of your career journey with a wide range of generous benefits that you can rely on. We’re fostering an environment where everyone can thrive, individually and as part of the greater Audible community.