Content Analytics ManagerFinance & Insight | Job ID 1119204
The successful individual will love being hands-on to leverage their technical skills to find answers to a variety of business problems, helping to improve our processes associated with acquiring new content, creating and surfacing the right content to our customers, and improving the ways in which our customers consume our content. They will also contribute to multiple initiatives and projects simultaneously, maintain relationships with Content stakeholders, and own deliverables end to end. Critical to the success of this role is your ability to work with big data, develop insightful analysis, work effectively as part of a cross-functional team, and translate complex problems into concise results that are communicated in a clear and compelling way.
Sharp problem-solving skills, comfort with ambiguity and the ability to analyze data and draw conclusions are the keys to success for this position.
Make a business impact through analytical and strategic guidance and reporting:
· Own analyses end-to-end: requirements collection, project planning, data gathering, and analyzing results.
· Conduct ad-hoc analysis through database querying, followed by insightful interpretation of results and the formulation and communication of recommendations that drive action.
· Work as a strategic business partner to scope a problem, formulate relevant questions, draw relevant data and provide insights from the data.
· Maintain a deep understanding of business drivers and an innate grasp of business metric definitions, and pro-actively interact with business partners to give context and support them in interpreting data.
· Ensure the accuracy, relevance, quality, and impact of deliverables.
Become an analytics/data subject matter expert:
· Leverage your technical skills and curiosity to research and mine data sources to identify, understand, and surface opportunities.
· Explore new data assets, ideate on new methods to integrate them with existing insights to measure success, and develop supporting KPIs. - Identify and execute process improvement strategies to enhance, automate, and/or streamline our capabilities.
· Illustrate key business trends and drivers through effective data delivery of scorecards and dashboards leveraging data visualization best practices.
· Clearly and concisely present strategic and tactical recommendations.
· Develop compelling presentations and documents - and communicate them with impact.
· Explain assumptions and quantitative methodologies to colleagues in other departments.
· Knowledge of data/analytical tools – Strong experience with SQL, relational databases; experience using data visualization tools like Tableau or Microstrategy; knowledge of statistics and modeling; experience in any one of the following is considered a plus: big data, Adobe/Omniture, Salesforce, AWS, Python, R, Jupyter, SAS, SPPS, Matlab, other analytics/data science tools.
· Aptitude and drive to learn new tools quickly required.
· Passion for numbers, data and metrics, but also for delivering actionable analysis of highest quality.
· High attention to detail and a track record of managing multiple, competing priorities.
· Demonstrated high achievement and independence in prior roles.
· Excellent problem-solving skills, self-motivated with the capacity to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills including presentations and PowerPoint.
· Intellectual curiosity for what drives the business.
· Background in content/media, marketing tech, software development, and/or internet industries preferred, an understanding of product analytics, ecommerce analytics, marketing analytics, experimentation, and econometric techniques preferred.
Audible, Inc. is the world’s largest seller and producer of spoken audio entertainment, information and educational programming. Since inventing and commercializing the first portable digital audio player in 1997, our focus on technological innovation and superior programming has earned us millions of subscribers around the world. We’re an Amazon subsidiary with a presence on four different continents, yet we maintain a startup vibe and small company feel. We offer more than 475,000 downloadable audiobooks, audio editions of periodicals, and other programs, and an escalating array of listening products that enrich daily life for a growing population of people who want to be more productive, well-informed, and thoughtfully entertained.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Sign up for Job Alerts
- VP, Business Development Newark, New Jersey Finance & Insight KEY RESPONSIBILITIES · Lead partnership deals from inception to close, including developing and implementing high-impact
- Director, Strategic Initiatives Newark, New Jersey Finance & Insight ABOUT YOU · A digital media maven and rare combination of “thinker” and “do’er” paired with a strong aptitude for unders
- Manager FP&A Content Newark, New Jersey Finance & Insight The Finance Manager, Global Content, will support the Director of Content Finance in providing financial and operating d
At Audible, we seek to exemplify what a company can mean beyond what it does. As Newark's fastest-growing private employer, we recruit and cultivate local talent as well as drive forward a wide range of community initiatives with a focus on supporting Newark's renaissance. Our global offices embrace their local communities as well, and our employees around the world volunteer and serve in their communities in addition to seeding and growing the local creative economy.
Plan for every chapter of your career journey with a wide range of generous benefits that you can rely on. We’re fostering an environment where everyone can thrive, individually and as part of the greater Audible community.