Content Acquisition DirectorContent & Audible Studios | Job ID 1310353
· Work to prepare projects for internal support and valuation through collection of data and preparation of budgets, P&Ls, and proposed deal terms
· Structure, negotiate and enter into new deals with content creators, agents, and business development partners
· Grow and maintain strong relationships with existing and potential partners, such as authors, agents, managers, and publishers
· Manage and execute high volume deal flow against specific metrics
· Track and communicate deal terms within the organization and provide for first line of enforcement of deal terms if necessary
· Work closely with other key stakeholders within Audible, such as Editorial/Creative, Marketing, PR, Content Services, and Content Creation
· Coordinate closely with members of the content teams at Audible to maintain consistency in messaging and policy
· Some travel may be required
· Minimum 7-10 years’ experience and proven success in book publishing or in a content, media rights, or digital media department/company
· Strong analytical/decision making and problem solving skills
· Strong negotiation skills and relationship management
· Solid organizational and project management skills
· Solid understanding of intellectual property rights
· Strong verbal and written communication skills -- ability to effectively communicate complex concepts and ideas in a simple manner across different levels of an organization
· Resourceful self-starter with an independent attitude and focus on excellence
· Ability to operate in a high-energy, high-intensity and rapidly evolving environment
· Ability to work with cross functional teams under aggressive deadlines
· Previous experience in and understanding of the traditional book space
· Previous experience in the audio space, acquiring or selling audio rights
· Passionate about storytelling, the evolution of audio and consuming audio content.
· Strong aptitude to use Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Salesforce, and company-wide Project Management tools.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As the world’s largest producer and provider of original spoken-word entertainment and audiobooks, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Sign up for Job Alerts
- Vice President, Content Programming Newark, New Jersey Content & Audible Studios
At Audible, we seek to exemplify what a company can mean beyond what it does. As Newark's fastest-growing private employer, we recruit and cultivate local talent as well as drive forward a wide range of community initiatives with a focus on supporting Newark's renaissance. Our global offices embrace their local communities as well, and our employees around the world volunteer and serve in their communities in addition to seeding and growing the local creative economy.
Plan for every chapter of your career journey with a wide range of generous benefits that you can rely on. We’re fostering an environment where everyone can thrive, individually and as part of the greater Audible community.