Business Analytics & Content Planning ManagerFinance & Insight | Job ID 2074163
Good storytelling starts with great listening. At Audible, that means each role and every project has our audience in mind. Because the same people who design, develop, and deploy our products also happen to use them. To us, that speaks volumes.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
You will be a subject matter expert on Content data sources and collaborate with cross functional teams to develop customized business reports to track monthly, quarterly, and yearly progress of organizational OKRs/success metrics to drive focus on results, execution, speed, and learning.
You will also assist with evaluating the entire content pipeline including acquisition, deal, production, and promotion operations in partnership with colleagues and stakeholders from Content, Finance, Data Science, Product, Marketing and International teams. You will continually raise the bar on data accuracy, availability, scalability and customer experience while encouraging standard work and building positive, scalable partnerships.
ABOUT THIS TEAM
The Audible Content organization seeks a Sr. Manger level business analytics professional to join our Planning and Operations group. As part of Audible’s Content Planning and Operations team, you will be responsible for providing data analysis and recommendations to Audible’s content team in regards to performance metrics, budgets, forecasts, and business reports.
You are independent self-starter, with a strong eye for details, and can provide creative problem solving and analytical skills. You know and love our customers (internal and external) and will be an expert in partnering and earning trust with cross functional teams to drive key content decisions.
As a Business Analytics & Content Planning Manager, you will...
- Partner with cross-functional teams including Content, GIDS (data science), and Finance to consult, develop, and implement metrics to effectively report and track content performance and strategic business goals (OKRs).
- Develop automated reports, processes, and workflows to help track the pacing of content budgets across the full content lifecycle including partnership deals, production budgets, royalties, marketing costs, and additional fees.
- Provide proactive content reporting and offer a strong eye for details to continually review, update, and inform team members of key changes in financial and performance data.
- Enable effective content decision making by retrieving and aggregating data from multiple sources and compile into a digestible and actionable format.
- Prepare and deliver content analyses, documents, and reporting to leadership teams regarding quarterly progress and upcoming business objectives.
- Provide analysis and recommendations to identify business trends that will grow the content business by providing competitive analysis, market insights, and new distribution strategies.
- Proactively identify areas to improve data quality, business processes, and increase usability of content tools and systems.
- Create narratives that are easily digestible by content, business, product and finance partners.
- Drive impact through analytical and strategic guidance through impactful business reporting.
- Deliver impactful content analysis based on robust economic, financial, and statistical analysis.
- Translate complex problems and distill them into simplified, relevant outputs that can be quickly understood and actioned.
- Illustrate key business trends through effective data interpretation and visualization skills.
- Enable accurate and robust reporting of key business metrics.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of all relevant data sources, business intelligence technologies and analytical tools.
- 8+ years of relevant experience in the areas of Business Consulting, Finance, Business Intelligence, Content/Business Operations in a digital environment or in a related field.
- Degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Mathematics desirable along with demonstrated experience in a consulting and/or operational role.
- B.A. or equivalent degree.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills, and an ability to effectively communicate with content, business, management, and technical teams.
- Proven problem-solving skills, project management skills, attention to detail, ability to influence others and exceptional organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively provide business data analysis, visualizations, and recommendations.
- Demonstrated ability to listen well and communicate effectively with a wide variety of people.
- A self-starter, who thrives in a fast-paced environment and provides impeccable organizational and analytical skills and an eye for process improvements.
- Highly detail oriented to help provide comprehensive reporting and insights.
- Amazon experience and/or experience in a consulting role, digital media, finance, entertainment or publishing field.
- Strong analytical and technical skills; experience providing performance data and financial analysis.
- Proven effective communication skills, detail oriented, and self-starter.
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills.
- Experience with financial analysis, IP licensing and / or contracts.
- Experience with AirTable and/or FilmTrack.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading creator and provider of premium audio storytelling, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Sign up for Job Alerts
- Data Scientist Newark, New Jersey Finance & Insight
- Associate Director, Business Development & Content Marketing Partnerships Newark, New Jersey Finance & Insight
- Microstrategy Architect Newark, New Jersey Finance & Insight
At Audible, we seek to exemplify what a company can mean beyond what it does. As Newark's fastest-growing private employer, we recruit and cultivate local talent as well as drive forward a wide range of community initiatives with a focus on supporting Newark's renaissance. Our global offices embrace their local communities as well, and our employees around the world volunteer and serve in their communities in addition to seeding and growing the local creative economy.
Plan for every chapter of your career journey with a wide range of generous benefits that you can rely on. We’re fostering an environment where everyone can thrive, individually and as part of the greater Audible community.