Audible Quality Assurance Engineer InternshipProduct & Technology | Job ID 1287454
Good storytelling starts with great listening. At Audible, that means each role and every project has our audience in mind. Because the same people who design, develop, and deploy our products also happen to use them. To us, that speaks volumes.
About The Role
As a Quality Assurance Engineer Intern with Audible, you will be an integral part of our storytelling ecosystem, using cutting edge technology to deliver a tangible impact to our millions of listeners. Here, talent is recognized and good ideas are rewarded — we invite the best of our interns to join Audible, either full time after graduation or with a return internship offer. In years past, we’ve had internships in Newark NJ and Cambridge MA, but our summer 2020 internship was fully virtual. We’re ready to adapt to whatever 2021 brings.
· An anticipated graduation date between December 2021 and May/June 2022
· Proven experience as an innovator and a creator, with strong critical thinking and communication skills
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As the world’s largest producer and provider of original spoken-word entertainment and audiobooks, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Learn more about Life Inside Audible:
- Interns turned full time Software Development Engineers
- The Economic Impact of our commitment to our communities
- Our Lead Intern Recruiter, Jeremy Bradshaw
- Reinventing our workplace for Covid-19, and beyond!
- Our Statement on Racism and Justice
- Our Statement on Trans Rights
- Our Impact Groups, and Spectrum and Belonging
- Our Latest Launch
- Explore Our Newsroom for the latest in Audible News!
Sign up for Job Alerts
- 'Next Chapter' Returnship Program - Software Engineer, Data Platform Newark, New Jersey Product & Technology
- 'Next Chapter' Returnship Program - Software Engineer, International Newark, New Jersey Product & Technology
- 'Next Chapter' Returnship Program - Software Engineer, Digital Asset Management Newark, New Jersey Product & Technology
What we can offer you
We are a community of brilliant minds, brimming with fresh ideas and working shoulder to shoulder to achieve greatness. And because of this, we think it’s only fair that we offer some nice little perks to everyone who goes the extra mile at Audible.
Fully stocked kitchen with all the snacks and drinks to get your creative thoughts flowing.
Dental and vision plans, life insurance, and the medical plan options that suit individual needs.
Plan for your future with employer-matched savings accounts.
We grant our employees restricted stock units, because we want them to think and act like owners.
We love what we do but everyone needs the opportunity to hit the refresh button. Take advantage of vacation days, sick days, and personal days to rejuvenate.
From tickets to local events and exciting company-sponsored events, regular outings and team-building events foster our spirit of collaboration.
As part of the Amazon family, Audible employees are entitled to a discount on products on Amazon.
Discounted sports clubs or fitness reimbursements.
What keeps me motivated here in one word is 'opportunities.' Being able to deep-dive into complex cross-domain problems and stepping out of my comfort zone with projects, technologies and people. I can spontaneously collaborate with literally anyone—from my Audible teammates to my Amazon counterparts to our CIO and CEO—and most importantly get valuable feedback along the way.
Software Development Engineer