Associate Director, Global Media CenterBrand & Marketing | Job ID 2071210
Good storytelling starts with great listening. At Audible, that means each role and every project has our audience in mind. Because the same people who design, develop, and deploy our products also happen to use them. To us, that speaks volumes.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
Audible is looking for an experienced Associate Director to help drive and manage our global media work in tandem with Audible’s 10 marketplaces. The Associate Director, Global Media Center will provide guidance to both the Global Media Center (GMC) and marketplaces helping to transform the media practice from a siloed, marketplace approach, to one that drives ongoing enterprise level value, by leveraging the full scale of Audible’s global media investment, applying best practices across the global organization through standardization of process and principles, and building/nurturing strong external partnerships. The role will work very closely with the GMC’s lead as well as with regional and local marketers with coordination across functional teams inside and outside of marketing.
You have deep expertise across awareness and performance media channels and will be an integral part to establish foundational processes, enable growth, and improve efficiencies. You are strategic thinker, with experience in bringing integrated strategies to life. You have a proven track record of media success, understanding both how to drive key performance metrics as well as the ability to compile a full funnel approach (awareness and performance tactics working together). You have the ability to analyze various sets of metrics across marketplaces and develop insights for further optimization. You are well versed in handling multiple large-scale projects at the same time and be proficient in time management and prioritization. You have a proven ability to successfully work with media agencies to drive the overall business and a keen eye to evaluate analytics. You are a forward thinker and see the “bigger picture” as you will be responsible for helping to determine the future state of media measurement. You have experience with ad tech as well as working with cross functional teams/leaders (product/analytics) to improve the marketing technology and tools across our global footprint.
As a Associate Director, Global Media Center, you will...
- Manage day to day relationships with global agency team (i.e. holding company level).
- Manage global media projects working with stakeholders across the wider Audible business as well as in various regions/marketplaces.
- Own companywide spending documents and multi marketplace key partner budget rolls ups (i.e. Google, Amazon, Facebook, etc.).
- Lead consolidated reporting across marketplaces and regions and responsible for generating insights.
- Develop overarching policy, principles, process, and best practices across media.
- Own strategy for multi marketplace initiatives.
- Facilitate a cohesive media community for shared learning, training, and development.
- Work with emerging marketplaces to implement best practices and “media playbook.”
- Ensure updated channel mapping structure is maintained across marketplaces and work with product to implement any required changes/updates.
- Maintain ad tech roadmap for ideal future state working with Analytics, Product, and Marketing.
- Partner with Analytics to improve media measurement framework and redefine metrics of success.
- Analyze key marketing metrics and help to set guardrails based on marketplace maturity (i.e. marketing as a percent of revenue).
- Work with GMC lead to define global strategic priorities for media agency and vendors.
- Compile a media agency performance program, operating across all marketplaces working with global lead and key stakeholders across teams/regions.
- Roll up multi marketplace exercises (i.e. Amazon media spend requests).
- Experience in managing multiple multi-faceted projects in a fast-paced environment with the ability to be agile and quickly pivot from one initiative to another.
- Experience in tracking customer journey across multiple channels/tactics.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to draw insights and learnings from reports.
- Knowledge of latest marketing trends.
- Very strong project management skills.
- Proven ability for innovation, constantly looking to improve on the status quo.
- Highly collaborative who can work with various types of stakeholders.
- Clear and concise communication skills.
- Experience working at or with media agencies.
- Strong understanding of all media channels and should have a “media generalist” background.
- Experience working on subscription service.
- Experience working within the entertainment category.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading creator and provider of premium audio storytelling, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
At Audible, we seek to exemplify what a company can mean beyond what it does. As Newark's fastest-growing private employer, we recruit and cultivate local talent as well as drive forward a wide range of community initiatives with a focus on supporting Newark's renaissance. Our global offices embrace their local communities as well, and our employees around the world volunteer and serve in their communities in addition to seeding and growing the local creative economy.
Plan for every chapter of your career journey with a wide range of generous benefits that you can rely on. We’re fostering an environment where everyone can thrive, individually and as part of the greater Audible community.