Associate Corporate Counsel - ContentPeople & Operations | Job ID 1177450
· Drafting and evaluating a variety of agreements for original audio content production, primarily focused on rights acquisition, content creation, production, performance, and distribution agreements.
· Acting as production counsel on new productions, including working closely with producers and other production personnel to answer time-sensitive production-related questions so as to keep productions on time and on budget.
· Coordinate and interface with business affairs, finance, legal and other Audible/Amazon departments to ensure proper handling and escalation of issues.
· Occasional travel required; position is based within Audible’s Newark, NJ campus – 20 minutes from Manhattan.
· Minimum of two (2) years of experience practicing law with hands on experience in commercial transactions, preferably working on entertainment (audio, film, television, new media, live performance, theater, etc.) deals or deals with significant intellectual property components. At least one (1) year of this experience should be with a leading national or international law firm.
· Highly developed drafting, negotiation, communication and organizational skills.
· Ability to handle multiple priorities and work under deadline.
· Ability to demonstrate sound judgment in ambiguous situations.
· Ability to work independently, but enjoys being part of a dynamic team.
· Demonstrated interest or other background in media and entertainment.
Audible, Inc. is the world’s largest seller and producer of spoken audio entertainment, information and educational programming. Since inventing and commercializing the first portable digital audio player in 1997, our focus on technological innovation and superior programming has earned us millions of subscribers around the world. We’re an Amazon subsidiary with a presence on four different continents, yet we maintain a startup vibe and small company feel. We offer more than 475,000 downloadable audiobooks, audio editions of periodicals, and other programs, and an escalating array of listening products that enrich daily life for a growing population of people who want to be more productive, well-informed, and thoughtfully entertained.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
At Audible, we seek to exemplify what a company can mean beyond what it does. As Newark's fastest-growing private employer, we recruit and cultivate local talent as well as drive forward a wide range of community initiatives with a focus on supporting Newark's renaissance. Our global offices embrace their local communities as well, and our employees around the world volunteer and serve in their communities in addition to seeding and growing the local creative economy.
Plan for every chapter of your career journey with a wide range of generous benefits that you can rely on. We’re fostering an environment where everyone can thrive, individually and as part of the greater Audible community.