Analytics Senior ManagerFinance & Insight | Job ID 2092523
Good storytelling starts with great listening. At Audible, that means each role and every project has our audience in mind. Because the same people who design, develop, and deploy our products also happen to use them. To us, that speaks volumes.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
As the Analytics Senior Manager within Audible’s Global Insight and Data Science group, you will be responsible for surfacing data-driven strategic opportunities for the Executive Leadership team and for core business functions (Content, Marketing, Product, and/or New Growth/International). You will develop strategic, operational, economic, and financial analysis to frame and drive decisions. You will drive discussion (insights, goals, tenets, narratives, MBR/QBRs, status) with both tech and non-tech executives. You will work to deliver the right technical solution (analytics or data science product) that influence and guild the strategic direction of the business or that increase the effectiveness and efficiency of the organizations (automation, etc). You will help drive continuous improvement by designing and developing KPIs, scorecards, dashboards, and other communications (presentations and documents) to track initiative and business performance, driving a focus on results and execution. Working across the entire business, you will work closely with a wide range of technical functions - from engineering and data science to economics – and leverage deep cross functional knowledge to be a trusted strategic and technical advisor across a wide range of issues to our senior leaders.
You have applied technical skills, business and strategic experience, and a track-record of successful delivery of analytical and data science products that impact the business. You are able to work with minimal instruction and oversight, conduct multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, maintain relationships with senior leaders, and own deliverables end to end. You have the ability to think strategically, develop insightful analysis and frame decisions, communicate findings concisely to senior leaders, work effectively as part of a cross-functional team, and work with big data.
As an Analytics Senior Manager, you will...
- Influence through analytical and data science derived insights.
- Frame hypothesis, decisions, and assumptions into a testable structure and develop robust experimental designs.
- Design and build/lead the development of analytics, BI, and data science deliverables.
- Effectively communicate and influence business leaders with compelling insights shape strategy and drive adoption of new data science tools.
- Be the analytics subject matter expert for owned areas.
- Become the go-to expert on micro- and macro- economic/industry trends and their impact on the business.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of all relevant data sources, business intelligence technologies, data science and analytical tools – know what’s possible and be able to answer questions fast.
- Develop a robust network of subject matter experts across various business, analytics, and data science teams to leverage for insights and information.
- Work closely with Audible stakeholders and leadership to drive the business forward.
- Partner with business leaders to understand strategic challenges and deliver timely and relevant intelligence.
- Advise and fulfill ad-hoc strategic requests to support top management.
- Establish and maintain senior management scorecards, MBR/QBR materials, drive or contribute to executive meetings, and ensure participates are prepared for productive discussions.
- Communicate effectively.
- Develop compelling presentations and documents, and communicate them with impact.
- Clearly and concisely present strategic and tactical recommendations to senior leaders.
- Proactively communicate factors affecting deliverables to senior management.
- Demonstrate teamwork and leadership.
- Cultivate a culture of continuous improvement with a focus on providing solutions and delivering results.
- Lead by example and provide on-going mentorship and guidance to the wider Insights team and associated project teams.
- Ensure the accuracy, relevance, quality, and impact of the Insights team deliverables.
- Explain assumptions and quantitative methodologies to colleagues in other departments.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in the areas of Strategic Analytics, Business Intelligence, Data Science, or Consulting in a digital environment or in a related field.
- Degree in science, economy, technology, mathematics or a related field.
- Strong experience in spearheading or supporting business initiatives through data-driven decision frameworks, in particular through the conception, execution, and measurement of experimental A/B plans.
- Hands-on experience in developing data-driven products (ML models, forecasting tools, etc.) and scorecards, and sharing business recommendation and their financial/customer impact with the stakeholders.
- Expertise in scripting languages (such as SQL, Python, R, SAS, etc.) and the tools (such as MS excel, PowerPoint, etc.) required to perform analysis.
- Experience in developing visualization tools such as Tableau, Microstrategy, Shiny, etc., and analytics/presentation.
- Advanced degree, Business (MBA) or equivalent experience.
- Understanding of ecommerce analytics, marketing analytics, experimentation/AB testing, membership/loyalty analytics and revenue management techniques.
- Demonstrated high achievement in prior roles, with increasing levels of responsibility and independence.
- Experience delivering projects with diverse stakeholders.
- Experience working with senior leaders.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, self-motivated with the capacity to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communication/presentation skills.
- Active listener with a keen ability to read situations, understand audiences, connect the dots.
- Aptitude and drive to learn new tools quickly.
- Intellectual curiosity for what drives the business.
- Passion to move forward to the solution and focused on solving the right set of problems with speed.
- Structured thinking/hypotheses driven.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading creator and provider of premium audio storytelling, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Sign up for Job Alerts
- Data Scientist Newark, New Jersey Finance & Insight
- Associate Director, Business Development & Content Marketing Partnerships Newark, New Jersey Finance & Insight
- Microstrategy Architect Newark, New Jersey Finance & Insight
At Audible, we seek to exemplify what a company can mean beyond what it does. As Newark's fastest-growing private employer, we recruit and cultivate local talent as well as drive forward a wide range of community initiatives with a focus on supporting Newark's renaissance. Our global offices embrace their local communities as well, and our employees around the world volunteer and serve in their communities in addition to seeding and growing the local creative economy.
Plan for every chapter of your career journey with a wide range of generous benefits that you can rely on. We’re fostering an environment where everyone can thrive, individually and as part of the greater Audible community.