Analytics ManagerFinance & Insight | Job ID 1254695
As a Manager of Analytics within Audible’s Insights group, you will be responsible for surfacing data-driven insights and opportunities for a variety of Stakeholders and for core business functions (Content, Marketing, Product, and/or New Growth/International). You will provide strategic, operational, economic, and financial analysis to frame decisions - and develop KPIs and scorecards to track initiative progress/performance.
Working across a large portion of the business, you will be exposed to a wide range of functions - from engineering and data science to marketing and product management – and develop the knowledge and skill to be a trusted technical advisor across a wide range of issues to our Stakeholders.
The successful individual will be able to work with minimal instruction and oversight, conduct multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, maintain relationships with stakeholders, and own deliverables end to end. Critical to the success of this role is your ability to think strategically, develop insightful analysis, communicate findings concisely to Stakeholders, work effectively as part of a cross functional team, and analyze big data.
Inform business plans through analytical and strategic insights
· Illustrate key business trends and drivers through effective data interpretation and visualization
· Be able to reconcile information for multiple stakeholders while building relationships with the business
· Manage issues across divergent audiences
· Create management dashboards that ensure accurate and robust reporting across key business/project/initiative metrics
· Deliver impactful analysis based on robust economic, financial, and statistical analysis
· Estimate the impact of different strategic scenarios using robust analytical/financial models
Become an analytics/data subject matter expert
· Develop an in-depth knowledge of all relevant data sources, business intelligence technologies and analytical tools – know what’s possible and be able to answer stakeholder questions fast
Work closely with Audible stakeholders to drive the business forward
· Partner with business leaders to understand strategic challenges and deliver timely and relevant intelligence
· Advise and fulfill ad-hoc strategic requests for analysis to support top management
· Establish and maintain senior management scorecards
· Develop compelling presentations and documents - and communicate them with impact
· Clearly and concisely present tactical recommendations to senior leaders
· Proactively communicate factors affecting deliverables to Stakeholders
Demonstrate teamwork and leadership
· Cultivate a culture of continuous improvement with a focus on providing solutions and delivering results
· Ensure the accuracy, relevance, quality, and impact of deliverables
· Explain assumptions and quantitative methodologies to colleagues in other departments
· Mastery of A/B and incrementality testing best practices with a proven track record including experience in simulation and power analysis
· Excellent problem-solving skills, self-motivated with the capacity to work under pressure and tight deadlines
· High attention to detail and a track record of managing multiple, competing priorities
· Excellent written and oral communication/presentation skills
· Aptitude and drive to learn new tools quickly required
· Intellectual curiosity for what drives the business
· Knowledge of data/analytical tools – Strong experience with SQL, relational databases; experience using data visualization tools like Tableau or Microstrategy; knowledge of statistics and modeling
· Background in content/media, marketing tech, subscription business, and/or internet industries preferred - an understanding of ecommerce analytics, marketing analytics, experimentation, membership/loyalty analytics and revenue management techniques a plus
· Experience in any one of the following is considered a plus: big data, Adobe/Omniture, Salesforce, AWS, Python, R, Jupyter, SAS, SPPS, Matlab, other analytics/data science tools. Exposure to Agile and process management a plus.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As the world’s largest producer and provider of original spoken-word entertainment and audiobooks, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
At Audible, we seek to exemplify what a company can mean beyond what it does. As Newark's fastest-growing private employer, we recruit and cultivate local talent as well as drive forward a wide range of community initiatives with a focus on supporting Newark's renaissance. Our global offices embrace their local communities as well, and our employees around the world volunteer and serve in their communities in addition to seeding and growing the local creative economy.
Plan for every chapter of your career journey with a wide range of generous benefits that you can rely on. We’re fostering an environment where everyone can thrive, individually and as part of the greater Audible community.