Amazon Acquisition Marketing Director
Newark, New Jersey
Job ID: 899713
Audible - an Amazon company and perpetual innovator – is seeking a highly innovative marketer with a combination of proven strategic thinking and execution prowess to join Audible Canada as the Director of Amazon Acquisition. You will have the unique opportunity to shape and define the Amazon program in order to successfully reach Acquisition targets for this growing team. Your focus will be on generating new Audible members across all of Amazon platforms, including web, mobile web, apps and physical devices via marketing and messaging. You will have direct hands-on ownership on these programs as well as cross-functional coordination with teams in Product, User Experience, Creative, and Technology. The ideal candidate has had experience leading the charge for several large cross-functional initiatives and is not afraid to roll up their sleeves. The role requires a passion for results, a commitment to action-oriented analysis, an attitude that anything is possible, and a relentless focus on the customer. The right candidate will thrive in a highly entrepreneurial, fast-changing, and collaborative environment where people are driven, enthusiastic, collaborative and not afraid to take risks. This role is based in Newark, NJ, and reports to Head of Acquisition, Canada.
· Lead the Amazon acquisition strategy. Specifically, manage all acquisition initiatives from idea through execution, working with Amazon Canada colleagues to create innovative solutions to introduce and educate Amazon Canada customers about Audible Canada.
· Partner with Product and Engineering teams to prioritize new features that will move the needle for Amazon acquisition and see it through to implementation.
· Lead cross-functional initiatives with other business team partners in Merchandising, Product, Creative, Technology, Customer Care, UX Design and Finance to deliver effective solutions. Proactively identify and resolve issues that may impair the organization’s ability to meet its goals.
· Manage Audible Canada’s Amazon Associates program.
· Identify conversion marketing strategies and testing pipelines (A/B and multivariate) that will support the conversion of relevant Amazon prospects into trial members.
· Conduct tests and deep data driven analysis that provide insights and new strategies for increasing acquisition results on Amazon surfaces. Communicate these results in a clear, compelling manner to the management team.
· Forecast program results and communicate expectations to management team.
· Other responsibilities as defined by evolving business needs for a rapidly growing online business.
Basic Qualifications· 10+ years of strong digital marketing experience driving acquisition and running promotions and campaigns.
· Strong leadership skills, coupled with excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills.
· Budget and forecasting management experience, including creating “what if” scenarios.
· Ability to generate and quickly execute upon actionable recommendations based on the synthesis and analysis of data.
· Experience with gathering and utilizing customer insights and turning these insights into successful marketing campaigns.
· Strong analytical and Excel skills.
· Experience with content management systems and analytics programs, i.e., Adobe Analytics, Test & Target, Audience Manager.
· Self-motivated, nimble and highly results-driven in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment.
· A demonstrated record of partnering with teams (Product and UX) across the organization and influencing to achieve business results across multiple teams who may have different goals.
· Experience with both desktop and mobile platforms.
Preferred Qualifications· Amazon marketing experience.
· MBA or graduate degree.
· Strong oral and written communication skills.
· Strong understanding of subscription revenue business models.
· Fluency in French.
· Experience marketing in Canada.
Audible is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Audible, Inc. is the world’s largest seller and producer of spoken audio entertainment, information and educational programming. Since inventing and commercializing the first portable digital audio player in 1997, our focus on technological innovation and superior programming has earned us millions of subscribers around the world. We’re an Amazon subsidiary with a presence on four different continents, yet we maintain a startup vibe and small company feel. We offer more than 475,000 downloadable audiobooks, audio editions of periodicals, and other programs, and an escalating array of listening products that enrich daily life for a growing population of people who want to be more productive, well-informed, and thoughtfully entertained.