Support Engineering ManagerTechnology | Job ID 2328315
ABOUT THIS ROLE
Our technology teams play a key role in connecting listeners with millions of stories by imagining, designing, developing and testing the software and applications that make up Audible’s platform. As a Support Engineering Manager, you’ll anticipate and seek out obstacles before they occur, and implement solutions that allow our engineers to fulfill strategic and tactical business goals. You’ll coach teams to deliver visionary products and programs to deliver the most value for our millions of customers. This is a chance to drive the future of our technology, mentor future leaders and inspire innovation.
As a Support Engineering Manager, you will...
- Be a technical lead for organization and a support leader for peers across the company
- Have a solid understanding of the business as it relates to the team’s supported services
- Lead or participate in team-wide user groups to exchange support information, procedures, and best practices
- Build expertise in system design and configuration and contribute to architecture design for the team
- Be involved in all major technical decisions in the team, and work with development and QA teams to help increase service supportability, scalability, and performance
- Lead moderate initiatives that span multiple services such as efficiency and scaling
- Manage team-wide outages ensuring accurate documentation and timely resolution
- Define aggressive SLAs and drive the team to meet them through metrics creation and analysis
- Conduct team planning and reviews
- Have an understanding of the technologies, tools, procedures, resources, and best practices used to improve operational excellence
- Determine best practices for code management, support, code builds, and code deployments
- Participate and drive operational excellence across your team
- Take a role in the strategic direction of the team
- Display leadership core values and lead people or virtual teams
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading creator and provider of premium audio storytelling, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word. Audible offers a Hub+Home hybrid workplace model that gives employees flexibility between gathering in an Audible workspace (work from hub) and remote work (work from home). For more information, please visit adbl.co/hybrid.
- 2+ years of people management experience leading System Development teams
- Experience designing, building, operating, and managing large-scale distributed systems or web services
- Experience engaging and influencing senior leaders using both verbal and written communication tools
- Expertise in operational excellence, security compliance, and distributed systems’ resiliency
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Expertise in operations of highly available and scalable software systems with large customer bases
- Strong verbal and written communication abilities
- Ability to drive effective teamwork, collaboration and commitment
- Strong analytical problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to coordinate with peers and business stakeholders
- Ability to quickly learn and adopt new technologies
- Experience managing on-call support coverage, escalation and critical issue management
- Experience in contributing to the definition and implementation of automation opportunities within an operations environment
- Experience in root cause analysis and error correction, identifying changes to procedures and systems to implement long term fixes and avoid repeating issues
What we can offer you
We are a community of brilliant minds, brimming with fresh ideas and working shoulder to shoulder to achieve greatness. And because of this, we think it’s only fair that we offer some nice little perks to everyone who goes the extra mile at Audible.
We promote flexibility in how and where we work with our Hub+Home hybrid workplace model.
Dental and vision plans, life insurance, and the medical plan options that suit individual needs.
Plan for your future with employer-matched savings accounts.
We grant our employees restricted stock units, because we want them to think and act like owners.
We love what we do but everyone needs the opportunity to hit the refresh button. Take advantage of vacation days, sick days, and personal days to rejuvenate.
We are committed to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive culture and community. Audible’s Impact Groups encourage an environment where you can be you, and bring your whole self to work.
As part of the Amazon family, Audible employees are entitled to a discount on products on Amazon.
Learning & Development
We want to help you grow with learning and development programs, leadership training and tuition reimbursement.
At Audible, we seek to exemplify what a company can mean beyond what it does. As Newark's fastest-growing private employer, we recruit and cultivate local talent as well as drive forward a wide range of community initiatives with a focus on supporting Newark's renaissance. Our global offices embrace their local communities as well, and our employees around the world volunteer and serve in their communities in addition to seeding and growing the local creative economy.
Plan for every chapter of your career journey with a wide range of generous benefits that you can rely on. We’re fostering an environment where everyone can thrive, individually and as part of the greater Audible community.