Support EngineerTechnology | Job ID 2353754
ABOUT THIS ROLE
Audible is looking for a dynamic and motivated Support Engineer to join a growing team. If you are customer-focused with creative problem-solving skills and have experience supporting technology teams this role may be for you. As a member of our team you will have the opportunity to develop your career while supporting Audible’s services, platforms, and unique Activate Caring culture. This is a fantastic opportunity to leverage your communication, technical, and problem-solving skills to impact millions of customers around the world.
As a Support Engineer, you will...
- Become a subject matter expert on one or more services
- Provide support activities for these services and regularly work with development teams to establish and improve service support
- Operate with guidance from management and aggressively drive issues to resolution
- Understand the business logic and architecture of supported services to regularly resolve undocumented trouble tickets
- Be able to read and understand complex application code and make approved code fixes to resolve support issues
- Provide mentoring, training, documentation, and tools to other Support Engineers to enable them to perform support activities
- Regularly contribute to the creation and improvement of all support documentation
- Perform code builds and deployments communicating status regularly before, during, and after each deployment.
- Create and interpret metrics that measure support success and service performance
- Help develop and refine operational policies and procedures used by teams and internal customers
- Participate fully and constructively in the planning of team’s work
- Have the ability to write simple and efficient tools to improve operational efficiency
- Learn to contribute to design and development of support tools using software engineering best practices
- Mentor other Support Engineers and are involved with interviewing and onboarding new team members
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading creator and provider of premium audio storytelling, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word. Audible offers a Hub+Home hybrid workplace model that gives employees flexibility between gathering in an Audible workspace (work from hub) and remote work (work from home). For more information, please visit adbl.co/hybrid.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Mexico City, DIF, MEX
- Experience with ticket monitoring and troubleshooting/debugging technical systems
- Demonstrated success as an individual contributor, managing standard operating procedures and internal processes
- Superior team skills in dealing with users at all levels in a team environment
- Exceptional communication, documentation and presentation skills for technical and business audiences
What we can offer you
We are a community of brilliant minds, brimming with fresh ideas and working shoulder to shoulder to achieve greatness. And because of this, we think it’s only fair that we offer some nice little perks to everyone who goes the extra mile at Audible.
We promote flexibility in how and where we work with our Hub+Home hybrid workplace model.
Dental and vision plans, life insurance, and the medical plan options that suit individual needs.
Plan for your future with employer-matched savings accounts.
We grant our employees restricted stock units, because we want them to think and act like owners.
We love what we do but everyone needs the opportunity to hit the refresh button. Take advantage of vacation days, sick days, and personal days to rejuvenate.
We are committed to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive culture and community. Audible’s Impact Groups encourage an environment where you can be you, and bring your whole self to work.
As part of the Amazon family, Audible employees are entitled to a discount on products on Amazon.
Learning & Development
We want to help you grow with learning and development programs, leadership training and tuition reimbursement.
At Audible, we seek to exemplify what a company can mean beyond what it does. As Newark's fastest-growing private employer, we recruit and cultivate local talent as well as drive forward a wide range of community initiatives with a focus on supporting Newark's renaissance. Our global offices embrace their local communities as well, and our employees around the world volunteer and serve in their communities in addition to seeding and growing the local creative economy.
Plan for every chapter of your career journey with a wide range of generous benefits that you can rely on. We’re fostering an environment where everyone can thrive, individually and as part of the greater Audible community.