Support EngineerTechnology | Job ID 2325305
ABOUT THIS ROLE
Audible is looking for a dynamic and motivated Support Engineer to join a growing team. If you are customer-focused with creative problem-solving skills and have experience supporting technology teams this role may be for you. As a member of our team you will have the opportunity to develop your career while supporting Audible’s services, platforms, and unique Activate Caring culture. This is a fantastic opportunity to leverage your communication, technical, and problem-solving skills to impact millions of customers around the world.
As a Support Engineer, you will...
- Be a technical lead on team and act as a subject matter expert for one or more services
- Be viewed as a support leader throughout the larger organization and are regularly engaged to work on cross-team planning
- Lead large multi-team projects and resolve the most complex support issues
- Understand the business impact of support decisions
- Drive the team to improve operational efficiency for all services through the identification and development of slas, metrics, monitors, procedures, tools, and documentation
- Think proactively and work to prevent support issues before they are realized
- Participate in design reviews to identify and mitigate support risks
- Work closely with development and QA teams to improve the change management life-cycle
- Have a deep understanding of production architecture and are familiar with operating system best practices
- Identify and drive small production architecture changes
- Regularly work with management to assign tasks and small projects to other Support Engineers
- Design and develop complex high performing scripts and applications
- Work with other Amazon leaders to share ideas and improve support across the company
- Take a role in the strategic direction of the team
- Play a significant role in hiring, mentoring, and training employees
- Demonstrate excellent judgment when making decisions
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading creator and provider of premium audio storytelling, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word. Audible offers a Hub+Home hybrid workplace model that gives employees flexibility between gathering in an Audible workspace (work from hub) and remote work (work from home). For more information, please visit adbl.co/hybrid.
- 3+ years industry experience in programming and/or technical support roles
- Experience troubleshooting and debugging technical systems
- Experience in Unix or Linux OS
- Experience scripting in modern programming languages
- Good understanding and experience of using GIT
- Supporting implementations enterprise-wide
- Applications with different geographies
- Knowledge of AWS Services
- An understanding of computer networking fundamentals
- Ability to run and debug code through an IDE
What we can offer you
We are a community of brilliant minds, brimming with fresh ideas and working shoulder to shoulder to achieve greatness. And because of this, we think it’s only fair that we offer some nice little perks to everyone who goes the extra mile at Audible.
We promote flexibility in how and where we work with our Hub+Home hybrid workplace model.
Dental and vision plans, life insurance, and the medical plan options that suit individual needs.
Plan for your future with employer-matched savings accounts.
We grant our employees restricted stock units, because we want them to think and act like owners.
We love what we do but everyone needs the opportunity to hit the refresh button. Take advantage of vacation days, sick days, and personal days to rejuvenate.
We are committed to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive culture and community. Audible’s Impact Groups encourage an environment where you can be you, and bring your whole self to work.
As part of the Amazon family, Audible employees are entitled to a discount on products on Amazon.
Learning & Development
We want to help you grow with learning and development programs, leadership training and tuition reimbursement.
At Audible, we seek to exemplify what a company can mean beyond what it does. As Newark's fastest-growing private employer, we recruit and cultivate local talent as well as drive forward a wide range of community initiatives with a focus on supporting Newark's renaissance. Our global offices embrace their local communities as well, and our employees around the world volunteer and serve in their communities in addition to seeding and growing the local creative economy.
Plan for every chapter of your career journey with a wide range of generous benefits that you can rely on. We’re fostering an environment where everyone can thrive, individually and as part of the greater Audible community.