Senior Technical Program Manager, AudibleTechnology | Job ID 2546444
ABOUT THIS ROLE
Senior Technical Program Managers are Audible’s relay sprinters, taking projects over the finish line like a champion from concept to launch. As a Senior Technical Program Manager within our Support Engineering Program you’ll be driving complex and impactful initiatives that improve the quality, reliability, robustness, and performance of our global systems. We’re obsessed with our customers, so it’s important that you dream big – designing and building features that span across platforms, with no customer left behind.
You thrive at the heart of the action. At work, change is the only constant – and you wouldn’t have it any other way. Transparency and consistency define your communication skills. You see the bigger picture, letting it guide you, from project risks to retrospectives. “Meticulous” doesn’t do justice to your critical eye. You’re looking for the balance of an energizing start-up culture with the influence of a global e-commerce leader.
As a Senior Technical Program Manager, you will…
- Collaborate with various areas of the business to manage multiple projects effectively
- Partner closely with stakeholders and product managers to ensure successful software development launches from design to deployment
- Pursue technical excellence and proactively drive positive change in projects
- Communicate project risks, progress, launches, and retrospectives to all stakeholders and teams with confidence and transparency
- Continuously strive to raise performance standards using objective metrics
Audible is the leading producer and provider of audio storytelling. We spark listeners’ imaginations, offering immersive, cinematic experiences full of inspiration and insight to enrich our customers daily lives. Our Hub+Home hybrid workplace model gives employees the flexibility between gathering in a common office space (work from hub) and remote work (work from home). For more information, please visit adbl.co/hybrid.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Mexico City, DIF, MEX
- Demonstrated experience with project and stakeholder management
- Demonstrated ability to lead and influence others
- Independently driven, resourceful, and able to deliver results with minimal direction
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with engineering, product management, and senior business leaders
- Sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
- Senior-level written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership, teamwork and collaboration skills
- Excellent object oriented analysis and design skills (OOA/OOD)
- Experience with test and behavior driven development
- Good understanding of Continuous Integration and Deployment processes
Audible Success Profile
Audible is built on a strong foundation as an Amazon subsidiary, so you’ll get to leverage all of Amazon's technologies while still being on a small team with an entrepreneurial spirit. We’re looking for someone who knows how to use data to provide our customers with engaging and inspiring experiences.
- Curious You are open to others’ perspectives and ideas. When faced with challenges, you stay inquisitive, collaborating and testing different approaches.
- Imaginative You imagine freely and support your colleagues’ own imagining. You ask “What if…?” and employ original thinking in your work.
- Customer Centric You are passionate about creating delightful experiences. Whether you’re working with creators, customers, or colleagues you aim to exceed their expectations in every way.
- Inventive You express ideas and navigate complex and ambiguous situations in novel ways, even creating new paradigms or structures for others to follow.
- Socially Conscious You’re mindful of the impact we have on each other and apply empathy into your work with colleagues, communities, and customers.
- Effective Communicator By adapting complex information for your audience, you’re able to foster collaboration and have a positive impact on outcomes
What we can offer you
We are a community of brilliant minds, brimming with fresh ideas and working shoulder to shoulder to achieve greatness. And because of this, we think it’s only fair that we offer some nice little perks to everyone who goes the extra mile at Audible.
We promote flexibility in how and where we work with our Hub+Home hybrid workplace model.
Dental and vision plans, life insurance, and the medical plan options that suit individual needs.
Plan for your future with employer-matched savings accounts.
We grant our employees restricted stock units, because we want them to think and act like owners.
We love what we do but everyone needs the opportunity to hit the refresh button. Take advantage of vacation days, sick days, and personal days to rejuvenate.
We are committed to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive culture and community. Audible’s Impact Groups encourage an environment where you can be you, and bring your whole self to work.
As part of the Amazon family, Audible employees are entitled to a discount on products on Amazon.
Learning & Development
We want to help you grow with learning and development programs, leadership training and tuition reimbursement.
Audible's People Principles celebrate who we are and where we've been, and guide the way we work shoulder to shoulder to enhance the lives of our millions of customers around the world. They reflect and apply to everyone who works at Audible—the entrepreneurs and operators, the dreamers and the doers, those who have worked here for 25 years and those who have arrived in the past few weeks and months.View all Our People Principles
At Audible, we seek to exemplify what a company can mean beyond what it does. We recruit and cultivate local talent, and we drive forward a wide range of initiatives focused on returning Newark to its roots as a hub of innovation. Our global offices embrace the same principle, and our employees around the world volunteer and serve in their communities in addition to seeding and growing the local creative economy.
Our Newark office is at the heart of the audio revolution. We stay inspired by visiting creatives, guest speakers, professional development, and community engagement. We fuel our ideas with daily catered lunch and then take in local culture or hang out with colleagues at weekly happy hours. Getting here is easy with free parking or transit perks, and employees who move to the neighborhood enjoy our monthly Live Local housing subsidy.