Merchandising ManagerBrand & Marketing | Job ID 1719682
ABOUT THIS ROLE
Based in Tokyo, Audible an Amazon company is looking for a results-oriented Manager, Merchandising responsible for supporting customer engagement of the Audible product in Japan
The right candidate will demonstrate: a highly creative mind; a keen understanding of Japanese culture; a sound business sense and editorial acumen; a solid understanding of the customer lifecycle; and a knack for ‘just getting things done’. The position’s most critical duties and responsibilities include assisting in the merchandising of key pages and content of the Audible experience with new and exciting content, helping create online and email campaigns to drive member engagement, and providing meaningful data analysis to drive improvements.
As a Merchandising Manager, you will…
· Support leadership in making decisions on product selection and merchandising on Audible sites and apps to increase customer engagement and improve retention
· Use data and tools to build and optimize personalized member experiences across member touchpoints
· Assist in the conception and creation of editorial features and promotional copy leveraging product expertise for on-site and email promotions and programs, maintaining standards and creativity of Audible’s Editorial Voice
· Support the development and implementation of bold, creative promotions and programs, marketing communications, and special projects throughout Audible engagement channels
· Liaise and partner with cross-functional teams (IT, Marketing, Design, Customer Support, Product, and Content) to bring experiences and functionalities to market
· Work with creative and content members to ensure that member marketing communication goals are met·
· Build promotional pages, merchandising email/push and incentives via systems tools
· Track merchandising metrics, regularly communicating results to senior management
· Experience in merchandising, digital content, online promotional or sales activity, online marketing or publishing
· Experience using system tools to build site and app
· Strong organizational, managerial, and communication skills, with proven ability to handle multiple projects and deliver results
· Ability to prioritise workload and deliver results against multiple deadlines in a fast-paced setting
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both English and Japanese
· Copywriting or journalism experience.
· Experience with web/mobile analytics programs i.e., Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics.
· Proficient knowledge of MS Office.
· Entrepreneurial spirit / ability to try different things with minimal direction
· Strong analytical capability and ability to communicate success metrics.
· An avid consumer of online media, including books, websites, blogs, and other digital content. Passion for books, audiobooks, and digital entertainment.
· eCommerce experience
· Familiarity with the Japanese content market
· Basic HTML and XML skills with an understanding of web development
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading producer and provider of audio storytelling and spoken-word entertainment, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
At Audible, we seek to exemplify what a company can mean beyond what it does. As Newark's fastest-growing private employer, we recruit and cultivate local talent as well as drive forward a wide range of community initiatives with a focus on supporting Newark's renaissance. Our global offices embrace their local communities as well, and our employees around the world volunteer and serve in their communities in addition to seeding and growing the local creative economy.
Plan for every chapter of your career journey with a wide range of generous benefits that you can rely on. We’re fostering an environment where everyone can thrive, individually and as part of the greater Audible community.