Senior Director, Product Management - Mobile Apps & PaymentsProduct & Customer Experience | Job ID 1953139
Good storytelling starts with great listening. At Audible, that means each role and every project has our audience in mind. Because the same people who design, develop, and deploy our products also happen to use them. To us, that speaks volumes.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
Audible is seeking a Senior Director of Product Management to lead key strategic projects and experiences that will elevate the core experience for Audible customers leading to deep engagement and long-term retention of our passionate listeners. These experiences will be well thought out and enable the customer journey across Audible, with a focus on iOS and Android apps.
This experienced product leader will focus relentlessly on customer needs, working with user experience designers to craft product features that will surprise and delight our customers. You will build and ship new features for iOS, and Android apps specifically focused on the customer relationship with Audible, including in-app purchase and subscription elements, and capabilities related to purchasing through apps-based payment systems. This leader will work closely with our partners at Apple, Google, and Samsung as well as other partners and providers.
You will be a leader on the ultimate vision and strategy of your product area. You will be responsible for the customer voice as you work with data, design, technical, and business leaders to set strategy and define the product.
You live and breathe consumer experiences across iOS and Android apps. You understand app store capabilities, benefits, and guidelines. You understand the subscription business model and can translate that to product features. You understand seamless customer experiences from one platform to another and how they together form a whole continuous end to end customer experience. You understand the cost benefit analysis of each platform. You have an insatiable appetite for understanding your customers and are relentless in finding solutions that meet their needs across a variety of surfaces. You sweat the details and tie them back to the big picture.
You’re an accountable, hands on problem-solver with a positive attitude, letting nothing stand in the way. You know how to clarify the path forward and prioritize work. You know how to influence others. You’re a natural collaborator equally comfortable talking tech with developers, user experience with designers, copy and positioning with product marketers, numbers with finance and marketing, and strategy with executive leadership.
You are an ambitious self-starter with a passion for building best-in-class customer experiences. You will have proven analytical capabilities, strong persuasive writing skills, broad business experience, tenacity to develop ideas independently, and thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment. This role may manage a small team of product managers, so managerial experience is a plus.
As a Senior Director, Product Management, you will...
- Drive product development from concept through launch creating actionable plans, work streams and tactics and execute on those in support of new product features.
- Define and manage the product roadmap & strategy, setting expectations with all relevant stakeholders.
- Establish and continuously update the vision and roadmap for Audible’s experiences with a focus on iOS and Android apps, but connecting to our full product and service line across web and devices.
- Collaborate with technology teams, UX, other product teams, and business development partners to determine what features to move forward and in what priority order.
- Ensure business and technical stakeholder needs are aligned by driving mindful discussions that lead to crisp decisions.
- Write market, functional, and system requirements documents and ensure clear communication and coordination of requirements to business and development teams.
- Create plans that have clear, measurable success criteria.
- Manage the execution of initiatives from idea through launch, while setting and managing the right expectations with all relevant stakeholders.
- Solve ambiguous problems and proactively identify and mitigate risks before they become roadblocks.
- Partner with UX and UX Research to define good outcomes for qualitative testing, ensuring we are building the right experience for a diverse range of cultures.
- Define metrics for success and failure and analyze and create dashboards for key metrics.
- Regularly review metrics and proactively seek out new and improved data/mechanisms for visibility, ensuring your program stays aligned with organization objectives.
- 7+ years in cross platform PM experience across mobile apps and/or web.
- Prior experience with in-app payments or subscriptions.
- Demonstrated experience in agile, lean startup product management processes.
- Comprehensive understanding of iOS and Android mobile apps market landscape, capabilities, guidelines, and practices.
- Demonstrated ability to define metrics for success and failure; ability to use quantitative and qualitative data to back up assumptions and make decisions.
- 10+ years of product management experience, with 5+ years in leadership roles driving product roadmaps, managing product teams or cross functional teams.
- Team player: Strong, demonstrated ability to rally and bring varying functional teams together, and break through stalled decision making. High emotional intelligence.
- Experience exercising business & strategy judgment, proven ability to influence others, and analytical thinking skills are critical to success in this position.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading creator and provider of premium audio storytelling, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
At Audible, we seek to exemplify what a company can mean beyond what it does. As Newark's fastest-growing private employer, we recruit and cultivate local talent as well as drive forward a wide range of community initiatives with a focus on supporting Newark's renaissance. Our global offices embrace their local communities as well, and our employees around the world volunteer and serve in their communities in addition to seeding and growing the local creative economy.
Plan for every chapter of your career journey with a wide range of generous benefits that you can rely on. We’re fostering an environment where everyone can thrive, individually and as part of the greater Audible community.