Senior Director, Product Management, GrowthProduct & Customer Experience | Job ID 2035910
Good storytelling starts with great listening. At Audible, that means each role and every project has our audience in mind. Because the same people who design, develop, and deploy our products also happen to use them. To us, that speaks volumes.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
As a product leader at Audible, you will be responsible for expanding and improving the end-to-end top of funnel experience at Audible, introducing new listeners to one of the largest spoken word audio offerings in the world, and converting them to repeat Audible listeners. As Senior Director, Product Management - Acquisition, you will work with multidisciplinary, cross-organizational teams to grow and maintain our acquisition-focused products and capabilities. You will also serve as a Product leader within our Consumer Product organization, and lead the team responsible for innovating, defining and delivering our growth, acquisition, and conversion capabilities. You will shape plans based on emerging and future consumer trends, and foster a culture of continuous improvement that encourages risk and new ideas.
ABOUT THE TEAM
The Consumer Product Team's mission is to grow Audible's consumer-facing product portfolio and create experiences that will help achieve Audible's business ambitions and transform our products into an indispensable spoken word entertainment companion.
- You are an experienced and strategic product leader who has built, launched, and successfully scaled growth and acquisition-related consumer products.
- You have a proven track record of leading high-performing, outcome-focused product management teams.
- You possess a strong analytical mindset and couple this with a deep curiosity about our users – both prospective and current – to build delightful user experiences.
- You are a natural collaborator with strong written and verbal communication skills and an ability to foster relationships across all parts of the organization
- You bring a positive attitude, and let nothing stand in the way. You know how to clarify the path forward and prioritize work. This role requires a thirst for continuous learning, commitment to action, an attitude that anything is possible and a relentless focus on the customer.
- You care about your peers and support them in their objectives.
As a Senior Director, Product Management, you will...
- Develop and lead a team of experienced Product Managers, in delivering on Audible’s acquisition product strategy, while supporting them in their career development.
- Influence product vision, strategy and roadmap at both the product and portfolio level, working collaboratively with cross-disciplinary partners.
- Think big in order to drive the strategic direction of your products, while being able to dive deep into the details when needed to guide the team.
- Work with the team to define and set the product roadmap for acquisition.
- Lead the team on the execution of the acquisition product roadmap, creating plans that have clear, measurable success criteria.
- Set a high bar for success, never accept the status quo, look for every opportunity you can find to innovate on behalf of Audible’s customers.
- Regularly review your team’s metrics and proactively seek out new and improved data/mechanisms for visibility.
- 8+ years of relevant work experience in Product Management leading the delivery of consumer facing products.
- Deep leadership experience in simultaneously leading high-performing teams and working with senior executives and other stakeholders to accomplish complex goals.
- Ability to easily transition from high level strategic thinking to creative and detailed execution.
- Strong storytelling, written and verbal communication skills with an ability to think creatively and adapt the message to the audience.
- Data-informed: Define metrics for success and failure; ability to use quantitative and qualitative data to back up assumptions and make decisions.
- Team player: Strong, demonstrated ability to rally and bring varying functional teams together.
- Experience working in media, e-commerce, or subscription businesses.
- Experience in acquisition and conversion at scale
- Strong experimentation experience, optimizing funnel flows.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading creator and provider of premium audio storytelling, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Sign up for Job Alerts
- Senior Product Manager - Conversion Optimization Los Angeles, California Product & Customer Experience
- Senior Director, Product Management - Mobile Apps & Payments Los Angeles, California Product & Customer Experience
At Audible, we seek to exemplify what a company can mean beyond what it does. As Newark's fastest-growing private employer, we recruit and cultivate local talent as well as drive forward a wide range of community initiatives with a focus on supporting Newark's renaissance. Our global offices embrace their local communities as well, and our employees around the world volunteer and serve in their communities in addition to seeding and growing the local creative economy.
Plan for every chapter of your career journey with a wide range of generous benefits that you can rely on. We’re fostering an environment where everyone can thrive, individually and as part of the greater Audible community.