Senior Director, Creative DevelopmentContent & Audible Studios | Job ID 1554845
ABOUT THIS ROLE
As the company continues to revolutionize audio entertainment, Audible is seeking to hire a Senior Executive for our Originals development team. This role will go to the candidate who can best help us differentiate and elevate our programming with podcasts, fiction and nonfiction; scripted and non-scripted content; new ideas for series and stories; and short- and long-form projects that go beyond the current boundaries of audio content.
ABOUT THE TEAM
We work with a wide range of bold, exciting creators, actors, novelists, journalists, playwrights, screenwriters, musicians, comedians and new, emerging voices in all areas of artistic endeavor to develop to Audible’s intimate listening aesthetic, and to help build and grow our offering of original works available only from Audible. We develop and produce a broad spectrum of projects in a multitude of formats, meant to engage and excite Audible’s loyal members as well as the rapidly-growing potential audience of new Audible customers around the world.
You possess confidence and decision-making skills, but also know how to listen and learn. You are someone who uses considerable business acumen and keen creative judgment to make consistently good content investment and creative decisions. You know to find the proper balance between art and science, using data to inform but not to drive our search for compelling stories and storytellers. You have a sense of humor and a proven willingness to collaborate and listen, in an environment where the best idea wins. You have a passion for narrative storytelling and supporting content creators.
As a Creative Executive, you will…
· Work on Audible Original content slate; create high quality, must-listen stories that attract new listeners, retain existing audience and build loyalty to our Audible brand.
· Be a key player on a team of creative executives who recruit and work with writers, develop and oversee audio productions; and push the envelope of innovation in creating bold, original stories that appeal to different segments of our audience.
· Bring management experience and an aptitude for leadership.
· Coordinate and communicate effectively among cross-functional teams, from dealmakers to marketing executives to audio production teams.
· Demonstrate sound judgement through skilled execution of responsibilities, consistent leadership and management skills, and an ability to inspire and teach.
· Managerial experience.
· A data-informed approach to decision making, where data influences but does not determine decisions.
· Strong connections in the entertainment/creative space.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
· Leadership acumen and the ability to motivate team members.
· Significant experience acquiring, managing and/or creating both short-form and long form content; a demonstrated passion and interest in audio content, and a desire to stretch beyond existing formats and approaches to surprise and delight our listeners.
· Ability to lead in a high-energy, high-intensity and rapidly evolving environment under aggressive deadlines and demonstrated success driving results from cross-functional team.
· Comfort using data analytics to drive business strategy.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading producer and provider of original spoken-word entertainment and audiobooks, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Plan for every chapter of your career journey with a wide range of generous benefits that you can rely on. We’re fostering an environment where everyone can thrive, individually and as part of the greater Audible community.