Senior Director, Content DeliveryContent & Audible Studios | Job ID 2049581
Good storytelling starts with great listening. At Audible, that means each role and every project has our audience in mind. Because the same people who design, develop, and deploy our products also happen to use them. To us, that speaks volumes.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
At Audible Studios, content is at our core and we are hiring a Senior Director, Content Delivery, who will report to the Head of Audible Studios. The Senior Director, Content Delivery is responsible for managing the delivery of Audible Original content. The primary function of this role is to manage the workflow for our audio content, troubleshoot and problem solve when needed and ensure each piece of content is delivered on schedule while maintaining the highest technical and creative standards. You will oversee post-production planning, manage the post-production processes, and oversee each show to completion. This role will work alongside other department leads to communicate and ensure delivery of assets in a timely manner and that post-production workflows are streamlined, integrated, and aligned.
You love stories and understand the impact of the spoken word. You are committed to finding new and interesting ways to communicate. You naturally connect and build strong relationships with others, demonstrating strong emotional intelligence and an ability to communicate clearly and persuasively. You bring a creative approach to problem-solving and challenge the status quo, but are also able to learn from the past. You have a strong intuition, the ability to “connect the dots” and comfort with ambiguity, but uses fact-based arguments to support ideas.
As Senior Director, Content Delivery, you will..
- Oversee post production processes on all Audible Original productions.
- Collaborate with Head of Audible Studios to align delivery and release dates.
- Work with Audible Studios Head of Production to ensure proper handoff between production and post production teams.
- Closely engage Creative Development team to troubleshoot any post production issues that may arise.
- Design and manage post production schedules before, during and after production.
- Work with PR/Marketing teams to ensure assets are delivered in a timely fashion.
- Ensure overall deadlines and schedules are met.
- Communicate with creators, producers and production services entities to get updates and provide feedback on shows and progress.
- Liaising with outside facilities regarding all key matters, including negotiating rates and workflow.
- Oversee delivery of content, staying abreast of new technologies to ensure that we have most secure and user-friendly format for delivery.
- Identify post production challenges before they become issues, provide strategic guidance, and mediate conflicts.
- Evolve the documentation and reporting materials to track, manage and share results.
- Communicate cross-departmentally with regard to time frames for content delivery, especially in meetings, driving the agenda and notes related to process improvements and growth.
- Streamline post production operations, evaluate policies and procedures.
- Implement and execute any strategies for improvement, including change management, sponsorship and buy-in and advocacy efforts to get business results.
- Assign resources to projects, as needed.
- Ensure high level of quality, integrity, and authenticity throughout creative and post production process.
- BA/BS Degree.
- 8+ years experience in the areas of production and post-production management or practical production experience as a post production manager.
- Experience working in media/new media, editorial and content leadership role within media.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- The ability to work well with others and collaborate across an organization to achieve goals.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage, prioritize, and balance multiple tasks.
- Creative problem-solving skills and solution-oriented attitude.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong project management skills with proven ability to lead.
- Time management and logistics pro.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Respects deadlines and takes accountability and ownership of responsibilities.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading creator and provider of premium audio storytelling, we've redefined
the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Sign up for Job Alerts
At Audible, we seek to exemplify what a company can mean beyond what it does. As Newark's fastest-growing private employer, we recruit and cultivate local talent as well as drive forward a wide range of community initiatives with a focus on supporting Newark's renaissance. Our global offices embrace their local communities as well, and our employees around the world volunteer and serve in their communities in addition to seeding and growing the local creative economy.
Plan for every chapter of your career journey with a wide range of generous benefits that you can rely on. We’re fostering an environment where everyone can thrive, individually and as part of the greater Audible community.