Quality Assurance ManagerTechnology | Job ID 1964362
Good storytelling starts with great listening. At Audible, that means each role and every project has our audience in mind. Because the same people who design, develop, and deploy our products also happen to use them. To us, that speaks volumes.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
We are looking for a Quality Assurance Manager (QAM), to manage a team of QAEs and SDEs. We're looking for someone to drive processes that minimize defect introduction, as well as creation and execution of testing procedures to uncover and troubleshoot defects that are present. This is a newly developed team that will be focused on testing Audible’s Content Creator tools.
You are passionate about further growing a great organization, obsessed with quality improvement, experienced and highly committed to creating world class automation for regression and feature testing, able to manage a fast-paced delivery schedule and drive a high-level test strategy, as well as take a hands-on approach to implementing that strategy in partnership with the development leadership. You are an experienced QA Manager with a track record of driving team engagement and bringing consumer facing products to market. You have a strong backbone and ability to advocate with data and an ability to push back without being adversarial.
As a Quality Assurance Manager, you will...
- Have the understanding how all elements of the system software ecosystem work together and developing QA approaches that fit the overall strategy.
- Manage and develop an elite team of QA and SDE engineers.
- Develop test strategies and creating appropriate test harnesses as well as pragmatic testing approaches.
- Drive testing methodology and tools to support development lifecycles.
- Oversee the development and execution of test plans and monitoring and reporting on test execution.
- Develop and execute a roadmap for building testing frameworks.
- Work with business and development teams to understand product vision and requirements.
- 1+ years of experience managing Quality Assurance Teams.
- 3+ year of experience working as an SDET or Quality Assurance Engineer.
- Experience managing software engineers.
- Experience managing manual testers.
- Experience in manual testing.
- Experience in automation testing.
- Bachelor's degree and/or Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Demonstrated coding and design proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as Java, Python, C# or C++.
- Proven track record creating and executing on highly effective quality processes.
- Is data driven – establishes the right quality metrics and sets clear, measurable goals for the organization.
- Is innovative, can simplify, and has relentlessly high standards.
- Able to handle an extremely fast pace while maintaining the highest quality standards.
- Can propose trade-offs and provide risk assessment to stakeholders.
- Has a proven track record in building and growing teams, with the ability to attract new talent that shapes the way we do QA.
- Experience working in an Agile (Scrum/Kanban) and test-driven development environment.
- Experienced designing tools and frameworks from the ground up.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading creator and provider of premium audio storytelling, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
What we can offer you
We are a community of brilliant minds, brimming with fresh ideas and working shoulder to shoulder to achieve greatness. And because of this, we think it’s only fair that we offer some nice little perks to everyone who goes the extra mile at Audible.
We promote flexibility in how and where we work with our Hub+Home hybrid workplace model.
Dental and vision plans, life insurance, and the medical plan options that suit individual needs.
Plan for your future with employer-matched savings accounts.
We grant our employees restricted stock units, because we want them to think and act like owners.
We love what we do but everyone needs the opportunity to hit the refresh button. Take advantage of vacation days, sick days, and personal days to rejuvenate.
We are committed to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive culture and community. Audible’s Impact Groups encourage an environment where you can be you, and bring your whole self to work.
As part of the Amazon family, Audible employees are entitled to a discount on products on Amazon.
Learning & Development
We want to help you grow with learning and development programs, leadership training and tuition reimbursement.
I found a culture where everyone is inspired to constantly learn. I like to say that we’re not just customer obsessed—we’re also teammate obsessed.
Software Development Engineer