Paid Media Analytics Senior ManagerFinance & Insight | Job ID 2066204
Good storytelling starts with great listening. At Audible, that means each role and every project has our audience in mind. Because the same people who design, develop, and deploy our products also happen to use them. To us, that speaks volumes.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
As the Paid Media Analytics Senior Manager within Audible’s Global Insight and Data Science group, you will be responsible for surfacing data-driven strategic opportunities for the Executive Leadership team, focusing on optimization of our paid media spend globally. You will work with marketing teams to identify ways to improve the efficiencies of our paid media spend and run experiments on paid media to measure incrementality. You will develop strategic, operational, economic, and financial analysis to frame and drive decisions - and develop KPIs and scorecards to track initiative progress/performance to drive a focus on results and execution. You will drive discussion (insights, goals, tenets, narratives, MBR/QBRs, status) with both tech and non-tech executives.
Working across the entire business, you will work closely with a wide range of technical functions - from engineering and data science to economics – and leverage deep cross functional knowledge to be a trusted strategic and technical advisor across a wide range of issues to our senior leaders.
This position can be located in any of our US hubs including Newark, NJ, Cambridge, MA, and Los Angeles, CA.
You have experience in running and optimizing paid media, applied technical skills, business and strategic experience, and a track-record of successful delivery of analytical and data science products that impact the business. You are able to work with minimal instruction and oversight, conduct multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, maintain relationships with senior leaders, and own deliverables end to end. You have the ability to think strategically, develop insightful analysis and frame decisions, communicate findings concisely to senior leaders, work effectively as part of a cross-functional team, and work with big data.
As Paid Media Analytics Senior Manager, you will...
- Become an analytics/data subject matter expert.
- Deliver reporting, insights and senior management presentations in the area of paid media.
- Identify ways to optimize paid media (e.g. understanding investments trade-offs driven by marketing efficiencies, understanding CPM/CPC trends, identifying better ways to bid and to improve conversion rates).
- Work with marketing team across marketplaces (US, CA, UK, EU, APAC markets) to plan and run paid media experiments to measure incrementality and analyze the test results.
- Work with the Amazon corporate finance teams to align on and report paid media efficiency goals set by Amazon.
- Frame hypothesis, decisions, and assumptions into a testable structure and develop robust experimental designs.
- Design, build, and lead the development of analytics, BI, and data science deliverables with the aim of optimizing audible paid media and improving marketing efficiencies.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of all relevant data sources, business intelligence technologies, data science and analytical tools – knowing what’s possible and be able to answer questions fast.
- Illustrate key business trends and drivers through effective data interpretation and visualization.
- Influence through analytical and data science derived insights.
- Create management dashboards that ensure accurate and robust reporting across key business/project/initiative metrics.
- Deliver impactful analysis based on robust economic, financial, and statistical analysis.
- Estimate the impact of different strategic scenarios using robust analytical/financial models.
- Be the analytics subject matter expert for the paid media area.
- Work closely with Audible stakeholders and leadership to drive the business forward.
- Partner with business leaders to understand strategic challenges and deliver timely and relevant intelligence.
- Advise and fulfill ad-hoc strategic requests to support top management.
- Establish and maintain senior management scorecards, MBR/QBR materials, drive or contribute to executive meetings, and ensure participates are prepared for productive discussions.
- Communicate effectively.
- Develop compelling presentations and documents - and communicate them with impact.
- Clearly and concisely present strategic and tactical recommendations to senior leaders.
- Proactively communicate factors affecting deliverables to senior management.
- Demonstrate teamwork and leadership through.
- Cultivate a culture of continuous improvement with a focus on providing solutions and delivering results.
- Ensure the accuracy, relevance, quality, and impact of the Insights team deliverables.
- Explain assumptions and quantitative methodologies to colleagues in other departments.
- Degree in science, economy, technology, mathematics or a related field.
- Experience in performance marketing – driving insights and optimization of paid media.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in the areas of Paid Media/Performance Marketing Analytics, Strategic Analytics, Business Intelligence or Data Science.
- Expertise in scripting languages (such as SQL, Python, R, SAS, etc.) and the tools (such as MS excel, PowerPoint, etc.) required to perform analysis.
- Experience in spearheading or supporting business initiatives through data-driven decision frameworks, in particular through the conception, execution, and measurement of experimental A/B plans.
- Experience delivering projects with diverse stakeholders.
- Experience working with senior leaders.
- Understanding of nuances of the performance marketing channels (Google SEM, UAC, Facebook etc).
- Background in content/media, marketing tech, subscription business, and/or internet industries.
- An understanding of ecommerce analytics, marketing analytics, experimentation, membership/loyalty analytics and revenue management techniques.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, self-motivated with the capacity to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Advanced degree, Business (MBA) or equivalent experience.
- Experience with agency.
- Demonstrated high achievement in prior roles, with increasing levels of responsibility and independence.
- Excellent written and oral communication/presentation skills.
- Active listener with a keen ability to read situations, understand audiences, connect the dots.
- Aptitude and drive to learn new tools quickly.
- Intellectual curiosity for what drives the business.
- Passion to move forward to the solution and focused on solving the right set of problems with speed.
- Structured thinking/hypotheses driven.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading creator and provider of premium audio storytelling, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
At Audible, we seek to exemplify what a company can mean beyond what it does. As Newark's fastest-growing private employer, we recruit and cultivate local talent as well as drive forward a wide range of community initiatives with a focus on supporting Newark's renaissance. Our global offices embrace their local communities as well, and our employees around the world volunteer and serve in their communities in addition to seeding and growing the local creative economy.
Plan for every chapter of your career journey with a wide range of generous benefits that you can rely on. We’re fostering an environment where everyone can thrive, individually and as part of the greater Audible community.