Manager, Creative DevelopmentContent & Audible Studios, Brand & Marketing | Job ID 2105139
Good storytelling starts with great listening. At Audible, that means each role and every project has our audience in mind. Because the same people who design, develop, and deploy our products also happen to use them. To us, that speaks volumes.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
Reporting to the Senior Director of Creative Development, Audible Studios is hiring a Manager of Creative Development to aid in developing, producing, and overseeing original scripted and unscripted audio content.
You love to tell stories and understand the impact of the spoken word. Ideally, you have multiple years of experience working in film or TV, plus experience developing/producing audio content, but at the very least, you have a passion for the world of audio and are well-versed in the audio landscape. You bring a creative approach to acquiring, developing, and producing content and mine new areas for fresh, commercial, and undeniable stories. You naturally connect and build strong relationships with others, demonstrating strong emotional intelligence and an ability to communicate clearly and persuasively. You have strong relationships throughout the entertainment community, have a strong intuition, and the ability to connect the dots. You are action-oriented, entrepreneurial and adaptable, with innovative approaches. Most of all you are hungry to learn, grow, and operate within a team, taking on new responsibilities every day, and striving to push creative boundaries in the constantly evolving audio medium.
You have substantial experience in both development and production in film, TV, and/or audio, and the ability to identify strong material and talent and give creative guidance and feedback to writers and producers on outlines, scripts, audio submissions, and other IP. You have comprehensive knowledge of top tier talent across all creative mediums and must have strong industry relationships. You are self-motivated, passionate and able to work well in a team environment. Strong interpersonal skills and project management skills are a must.
As a Manager, Creative Development, you will...
- Assist the Senior Director of Development in developing, producing, and overseeing all scripted and unscripted content across all genres.
- Give creative guidance and feedback to writers, producers, and creators on outlines, scripts, cuts, and all other incoming material.
- Receive and organize all incoming material, logging submissions and samples, coordinating with story department, and making creative assessments on material.
- Recruit new creative talent that is exciting, surprising, inclusive and diverse.
- Collaborate with internal teams (BA, Marketing, Programming, etc.) to support strategy and to make sure the needs on content are being met.
- Contribute original, innovative ideas and have the skillset to see them through from ideation to development to production.
- Create lists for open writing assignments, working closely with major agencies and management companies.
- Spearhead detailed research and data when necessary for specific projects in development or concepts being considered.
- Coordinate needed audio materials with PR and Marketing teams as requested.
- Track established and emerging talent that Audible is already working with or aspires to work with.
- 3+ years of experience in television, film, and/or audio production and creative development.
- Demonstrated ability and interest in identifying creators, IP, and projects for development.
- Excel in understanding, communicating, and collaborating with writers, producers, and creators – be able to speak the language of a creator, making them feel at home.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communications skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks at once.
- Previous experience working in large organization with many teams that require extensive communication across divisions/departments.
- Familiarity with audio recording, production, etc.
- Interest in the intersection of sports and entertainment.
- Demonstrated competencies in physical and post-production.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading creator and provider of premium audio storytelling, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Sign up for Job Alerts
At Audible, we seek to exemplify what a company can mean beyond what it does. As Newark's fastest-growing private employer, we recruit and cultivate local talent as well as drive forward a wide range of community initiatives with a focus on supporting Newark's renaissance. Our global offices embrace their local communities as well, and our employees around the world volunteer and serve in their communities in addition to seeding and growing the local creative economy.
Plan for every chapter of your career journey with a wide range of generous benefits that you can rely on. We’re fostering an environment where everyone can thrive, individually and as part of the greater Audible community.